Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Mother Goose Book - please help!!!  (Read 6337 times)

Offline jadedoz

Mother Goose Book - please help!!!
« on: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 05:41 am »
I had a Mother goose book as a child, that I am trying to remember. The pictures in the book were puppet styled pictures, similar to the pictures in the Giant 3d books published by Playmore. The last page of the book was the twinkle little star song. The book was a board book, the cover was a dark blue with a yellow boarder around the front cover. I had this book in about 1984. It had about 10 or so pages.
Some of the other songs in the book I remember are Rock a Bye Baby in the tree top and jack be nimble.

I know its a long shot, but it's driving me crazy!!
« Last Edit: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 05:44 am by jadedoz »

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Mother Goose Book - please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 07:14 pm »
I would guess Mother Goose a Puppet Storybook by Tadasu Izawa (Grosset & Dunlap). ISBN: 0448097508

You would have to find out which edition/printing had the border (if you're picky). I know that some do and some don't. (It was technically originally published in the 1970s).

There are several different editions of this series. I had the Peter Rabbit one. It was a board book and was bought in the mid 1980s.

More titles:

Other editions of this series have just a plain cover with a rectangular picture glued onto the front. It's cool - kind of plastic-like with a 3D/holographic effect!

One where the picture has come off:

They have really awesome illustrations. I try to pick them up whenever I see them!

They definitely look like the Playmore "My Tiny 3-D Book Series" books!
« Last Edit: Wednesday 27 October 2010, 12:29 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline jadedoz

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 October 2010, 01:03 am »
Zuse, thank you soooooo much, the first picture is it!!! I never thought that I'd find it.

Thanks again!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 October 2010, 01:23 am »
I hope that you can track down a copy!
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

anything