Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Charmin' Farm Friends] Flocked Animals  (Read 29818 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
[1 of 4 ID-ed] A few random toys (owl, mermaid, flocked animals, etc.)
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 04:53 am »
I am in awe of you guys!

Now, the thing is... I've been searching Meritus and MII/M.I.I. on eBay for a long time because of Kidgetts. Obviously those lines exist... I wonder why they hardly ever pop up, haha? I feel CERTAIN I would have saved something that goofy/unusual looking if I'd seen it. I mean, I had the pic of the non-flocked one saved from a forum thread back in 2007/2008...
« Last Edit: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 04:58 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 04:57 am »
I wonder if they could be unmarked for some reason. ??? The flocked ones would have to be packaged to show up under Meritus. I've been into MLP in some form since the late 90s and I always loved fakies, but I've never seen anything like the standing horse or the PVCs. I wonder if they're really rare... Or maybe we're barking up the wrong tree, but I'm going to believe in Barnimals until I'm proved wrong. Heh. Gotta have some hope!

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 05:05 am »
I just found one of the windup Darlin' Dinos on eBay. They're Mover Groovers. So the Moover may have been a typo. But I still think we're onto something!

Offline zap18

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 08:41 pm »
Wow!  I'm busy for a few days and don't check in, and look at all I missed!  Great job! 

The Darlin' Dinos are so varied and have so many sub lines that I definitely think all these barn animals could be related to each other.   And Meritus toys do just seem to be a pain in the bum to track down :P  I'm still finding out about Darlin' Dinos I didn't know existed.

Does anybody know how big the one we are thinking is from the charmin' line is?  The "charm" part makes me think tiny like Charmkins, but it looks like it is probably the size of they Darlin Dinos pvcs.  I have recently gotten a Darlin Dino that is less than an inch tall, another sub line I suspect, so I wonder if these came insanely small as well.

Questions, questions :)  I'm getting greedy for answers now!

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #19 on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 12:07 am »
Here is the site I got it from:

http://www.antonias-allerlei.de/product_info.php?products_id=2186&osCsid=aa4911312120f090d385c17f97ce956b

It's kind of grouped in with fast food-sized figures on that site, so I'm just guessing it's a similar size.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 19 July 2011, 06:25 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline zap18

« Reply #20 on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 12:52 am »
Hmm, it's asking me to sign in...?  Is there any way you could just display the pic?

Offline zuse

« Reply #21 on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 01:10 am »

"Charmin - Farm Friends - Schaf 1993

Gebraucht, aber wie neu. Mit Original-Etikett."

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #22 on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 01:49 am »
Yes, all that's really there is the same pic I posted earlier--I just linked to show the other kinds of toys sold there. There have McDonald's figurines and such, so I figure it's in that ballpark as far as size goes.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline oldmeritusman

« Reply #23 on: Sunday 23 May 2010, 10:02 am »
was surfing the net while here in China and saw all of your posts on my families old toys.  I am the son of the owner of Meritus and enjoyed making Darlin Dino's and the Barnimals.  I personally named many of the characters and helped make them in China.  Send me any questions you have and I will answer them if I can.  It is fun to read some of your theories of  how we came up with the marketing of these.
Did you know that we made Darling Dino pencil toppers as well as the Darlin Dino bank oh and mover groovers.  We also made a small pony line that hasbro stopped us from distributing.

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #24 on: Sunday 23 May 2010, 10:41 am »
Wow! It's awesome that someone who actually helped in producing these toys is on here! Welcome oldmeritusman!

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #25 on: Sunday 23 May 2010, 04:54 pm »
Oh, cool! Thanks for saying hi, OldMeritusMan! I wish I could find some Barnimals! They're great and so are Darlin' Dinos.  ;D

I don't have any big questions, aside from how many and what types of Barnimals were made. I'd love to know that.

Offline zuse

« Reply #26 on: Sunday 23 May 2010, 05:05 pm »
I think I love the internet a little more everyday. :D I pretty much think that Kidgetts were the best thing ever. Other than the part where I lost the doll that came with the convertible when I was a child, haha. Anyway, bet you couldn't make them now, though! Mattel would hunt you down... those Peekaboo Petites sure remind me a lot of old school Kidgetts! Mattel... you will pay!

We're finding out that half the toys we ever loved were by Meritus or Multi-Toys Corp. What's the story there? Bitter enemies? :D
« Last Edit: Sunday 23 May 2010, 07:33 pm by zuse »

Offline Wildshadow

« Reply #27 on: Sunday 30 May 2010, 05:58 am »
And I just found my backcard today... but I guess I'm late on that information ^^""

Do I still need to show pictures, or not? I'm always late to things  :-[

Offline zuse

« Reply #28 on: Sunday 30 May 2010, 07:11 am »
Yes! Show the pictures!!!

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #29 on: Sunday 30 May 2010, 03:54 pm »
OMG, YES!

anything