Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Jem posters  (Read 6974 times)

Offline Fairy Dust

Jem posters
« on: Monday 08 November 2010, 04:17 am »
My Jem posters make me happy.  Here is 3 of them.  I finally got them hung up.  Now I need to frame and hang more of my Jem stuff. Yes my posters are signed by various cast and people who worked on Jem. :)

The posters hang above the my little ponies as if it was a wall shrine to Hasbro (so many bright colors over there now and EVERYWHERE! lol).

Offline MercurialMonster

Re: Jem posters
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 November 2010, 07:51 am »
That is really cool! 

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 November 2010, 04:54 pm »
That look so great!  I need to frame a pony poster I have.

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 November 2010, 05:41 pm »
Wow! I bet those signatures make them super valuable. Did you get those on eBay? NEAT!!

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 November 2010, 06:18 pm »
No I got them either in person at 3 of the Jemcons (Jem convention) or if I couldn't make it to them I asked a few couple people to help me get them signed (some of the locations are very far away). :)

They mean a lot to me since Jem was something positive in my life that I could think about when I have been struggling with various health/illness issues for the past 5 years.  I cryor nearly cry(sometimes I'm just tongue tied) when I meet those wonderful people. :)

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 November 2010, 06:22 pm »
No I got them either in person at 3 of the Jemcons (Jem convention) or if I couldn't make it to them I asked a few couple people to help me get them signed (some of the locations are very far away). :)

They mean a lot to me since Jem was something positive in my life that I could think about when I have been struggling with various health/illness issues for the past 5 years.  I cryor nearly cry(sometimes I'm just tongue tied) when I meet those wonderful people. :)

Aw that's so great Jem has got your thru hard times.  I was really sick from 2002-2006 and that's when I rediscovered my love of 80s toys starting with the remakes of care bears and my little ponies.  My mom would always surprise me with a bear or pony--it does help the days go by easier.  I hope you are getting better--hang in there!  =-)

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 09 November 2010, 04:37 pm »
Yes I fall on toys when things get tough. I grew up in a house where my mom was married five different times to abusive and creepy men, so I mostly stayed in my room with my toys as a child. I know how that feels. They become part of you when they distract you. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 10 November 2010, 06:05 pm »
I hope I get better too.  I'd a day to day thing.  Trying to get deal with various medical things and also I have Post Tramatic Stress from a verbally, mentally abusive job.  I try to stay positive.  Jem and my other dolls make me happy for various reasons and they are something good that I can focus on and going to Jemcon has been great for me to meet other doll collectors/fans of Jem.  I also like to make things to put in the charity auctions each year so it keeps me busy and allows me to keep pushing to get back to normal because I'm creative and it's hard for me a lot of the time to feel well to do a lot of my artsy/craft projects. :)

anything