Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Help identifying tiny Eugene doll  (Read 6625 times)

Offline marialuisa_mt

• Los Barriguitas de Famosa
Help identifying tiny Eugene doll
« on: Friday 19 November 2010, 05:20 am »
Hi, I bought this little eugene doll at ebay.us a couple of weeks ago and would really appreciate if anyone around here could help me to find out which is her name.

She's about 6 inches tall (or 15cm). On her back she says: Eugene doll / Made in hong kong. And in the back of her head, Made in hong kong.

This doll really intrigues me 'cause I happen to collect the spanish dolls from the seventies and eighties called "Barriguitas" (by the company "Famosa"), and obviously this doll was made from the exact same mold of the Barriguitas. She even wears the same clothes of the first Barriguita, released on 1969! My best guess is the Famosa people on Spain bought the molds of this doll, 'cause she appears to be older, from the early or mid sixties. But this is only a guess, this is why I need to indetify this doll. I took a picture of the eugene doll in the middle of two of my barriguitas, so you all can see the amazing resemblance. On the left is the original first standard barriguita, wearing her original clothes (you'll see they are almost exactly as the clothes on the eugene) and on the right is the black barriguita, with the exact same face mold of the eugene doll. Arms and legs are exactly the same, the only difference is that the barriguitas dolls have all their limbs made from rubber, and the eugene has only her arms made of rubber, while her legs are from hard plastic.

Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
Re: Help identifying tiny Eugene doll
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 November 2010, 03:50 pm »
You might want to try the doll message board on eBay if you can't find your answer here.

Offline marialuisa_mt

« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 November 2010, 05:23 pm »
I didn't know that doll message board even existed! Thank you for the recommendation, Angel Bear! I'll give a try there, too!
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 November 2010, 11:05 pm »
You're welcome! They are really good about IDing babydolls that were made before 1977.

Offline marialuisa_mt

« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 November 2010, 12:07 am »
I posted it on ebay.us... Is there a different forum for the UK ebay???
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

Offline marialuisa_mt

« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 August 2011, 05:17 pm »
BUMP!    ;)
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

anything