Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Are these all Lady Lovely Locks accessories?  (Read 8917 times)

Offline RainbowWindy

Are these all Lady Lovely Locks accessories?
« on: Wednesday 24 November 2010, 10:14 pm »
Hi! I received this lot of mostly LLL items but wanted to confirm that these are indeed LLL accessories and what they came with if possible.

Note: the pixietails are no longer available

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
Re: Are these all Lady Lovely Locks accessories?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 November 2010, 02:13 am »
I can confirm the combs are, and the little hand mirrors. Here's a great site for comb ID: http://ladylovelylocks.come2me.nl/642307/Combs-and-Shoes-1

The other small accessories I have never seen before. But I don't own all the play sets.

Offline Figboot

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 November 2010, 07:27 am »
Hi! I received this lot of mostly LLL items but wanted to confirm that these are indeed LLL accessories and what they came with if possible.

Note: the pixietails are no longer available

Most of the items in this lot go to the Fairy Tale bedroom.
I don't think the curlers or the two big shells are LLL.

The curlers for LLL are usually purple and are from the Sea Magic Salon.

Hope that helps. ^~^

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 November 2010, 03:22 pm »
The lamp (the pink shell with the purple stand) goes to bedroom set as does the long purple and blue things (they go on the dresser), the little colored shells go on the dresser and nightstands.

The stool looks like a combo of the pillow for the bed and the bottom part of the stool.  The stool part to sit on for mine is pink.

I think I'm missing that fish thing (is it a mirror?) from my set.  It looks like part of this set too.

The two pink hand mirrors that have the place for the doll to hold them do not belong to this set as far as I know.

The small seahorse brush goes to this set as well as the perfume bottle.

I don't think the blue rollers go to LLL.  That's the right size but are purple in the salon playset.

I'm not sure what playset the purple comb goes to that the doll can hold.

I'm also unsure of the larger shells since I don't have those.  I'll try to do a little research on that and I'll put up a picture of my bedroom set soon.
« Last Edit: Thursday 25 November 2010, 03:42 pm by Fairy Dust »

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 November 2010, 03:29 pm »
The teeter totter goes to the Castle Lovelylocks playset (I'm looking at my book for this info).

I take that back on my last post.  The mirror or whatever it is probably isn't from the bedroom set. I'm looking at a picture of the box that has the accessories on it and I don't see that one. But if it's a brush with a few long brush parts on the back then it does go to the bedroom set and I am missing that piece lol.

The Shawl or it it a hair piece (I'm not sure but I also have this part of the outfit lol) is from the Party Dress fashion.

Still not seeing those large pink shells.  I think if you are displaying it go ahead and put it into your LLL background and if your going to be selling it go ahead and leave it with the LLL stuff.  Someone might like to display with it too. :)

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 25 November 2010, 03:32 pm »
The large rabbit combs and the seahorse combs came with the dolls.  The Seahorses came withe the Enchanted Island dolls and the rabbits came with the main line of the dolls.

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #6 on: Thursday 25 November 2010, 03:36 pm »
I think I found what the thin purple comb that a doll can hold goes to and the mirrors that they can hold too.  I think it might go to the baby dragons.  (Sweetcurl Baby Dragon, Merrycurl Baby Dragon, and Bouncycurl Baby Dragon).  The picture in my id book shows them holding some of those items.  It says this about them in my book: "Bouncycurl.... is one of the three baby dragons that help groom the Pixietails.  .... A Pixietail, comb, brush, and mirror are included with each dragon."

By the way, if anybody is looking for a good id book I love this one that has a bunch of Mattel stuff in it.  It's called "Thirty Years of Mattel Fashion Dolls: Identification & Value Guide: 1967 through 1997" by J. Michael Augustyniak.  It has very nice pictures and a very large variety of Mattel dolls.  Just wish he'd come out with books on other doll companies too lol.
« Last Edit: Thursday 25 November 2010, 03:40 pm by Fairy Dust »

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 25 November 2010, 03:50 pm »
The bedroom set has a lot of pieces!

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #8 on: Thursday 25 November 2010, 04:14 pm »
I looked up a LLL web id site and their LLL salon for the French version came with teal colored curlers.  No idea if they came with a blue anywhere in the LLL line still though.

Here is the site I was looking at:

French Salon:

http://ladylovelylocks.org/node/333

American Salon:

http://ladylovelylocks.org/node/332

Looks like there is a few color differences with each of those Salon playsets.

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 November 2010, 09:30 pm »
Oh that's interesting. I didn't realize there were different variant colors in the salon.

I need to get that bedroom, it is cute!

Offline RainbowWindy

« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 November 2010, 05:09 pm »
I think I'm missing that fish thing (is it a mirror?) from my set.  It looks like part of this set too.
It is a brush and does look like it belongs with the mirror and comb so I'll assume it does.

And thank you very much Fairy Dust! That was very helpful  ;D
« Last Edit: Saturday 27 November 2010, 05:16 pm by RainbowWindy »

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 November 2010, 07:25 am »
You're welcome!