Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Barbie sized bedroom furniture...  (Read 12139 times)

Offline Dizzy_Bat

• Sugar Bat Dollies  (A doll-blog in Swedish)
Barbie sized bedroom furniture...
« on: Thursday 02 December 2010, 12:01 am »
I've been trying to figure this out for ages, but all my leads have led to a big fat zero.
When I was a kid, I had a set of bedroom furniture for my Barbie dolls, and I absolutely loved it! The bed looked like a gold-painted wrought-iron bed and had real bedding, the closet was spacious and sturdy, and the vanity had a light up lamp on it, made from dark pink transparant plastic (the lamp was, not the whole vanity!)
The one thing all th e pieces had in common was the lightly pink and white coloured plastic with gold accents, as well as the brand name, which is were it all becomes slightly fuzzy... I live in Sweden, and the more searches I make, the more I think it was a Swedish brand, but since I'm not sure, I thought I'd try here: I think it was called Susi or Susy and had a heart in the logo.
I have managed to find a picture of the bed in a Swedish auction (please ignore the wardrobe-y thingy, am too tired to crop pic)

Any help at all towards identifying these items would be greatly appreciated!
Living together with a TF and GD collector; as the Japanese would put it, "LUCKY!!" <3

Offline Rusty

Re: Barbie sized bedroom furniture...
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 December 2010, 06:30 am »
I believe that bed is a piece of Susy Goose Barbie Furniture produced by Mattel. Susy Goose had a lot of really beautiful, realistic Barbie furniture.

Hope that helps!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 December 2010, 06:55 am »
Thank goodness DockiDock knows!

Here's what I've found!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dollstore/5106206709/

(From archived version of this site: http://www.dolls4play.com/accessorieslist.html)

Same site.
« Last Edit: Thursday 02 December 2010, 06:59 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 December 2010, 07:03 am »
Looks there was some furniture without that gold accents that I guess went with the white/pink themed furniture. So you'd have to look a bitter harder for the ones that are specifically gold.

What year would you have had this?
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 December 2010, 11:20 pm »
wow these are really fancy  :o i have never seen these before.

Offline marialuisa_mt

• Los Barriguitas de Famosa
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 December 2010, 05:23 pm »
I don't think susy goose is the furniture dizzy_bat is looking for... That furniture was released on the sixties and didn't had a golden heart... And the only two pieces of susy goose furniture with golden accents were the vanity and the provincial hutch. I'm pretty sure the furniture she's looking for belongs to the seventies and eighties british barbie clone Sindy. She also had a very realistic furniture, in fact very similar to the susy goose furniture. And the Sindy logo was a golden heart with an S in the middle... Here's a picture of the Sindy's classic bedroom set:

And this is the picture of the pink version, with the gold-iron bed she describes:

Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

Offline Dizzy_Bat

• Sugar Bat Dollies  (A doll-blog in Swedish)
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 September 2011, 09:32 pm »
I'm SO sorry for disappearing for so long, I've had a lot of family matters to tend to...
Anywho, I have managed to identify my elusive doll furniture! And it has a very interesting history ^__^
In the 90's it was re-made by a factory in Hong Kong for a doll line called 'Susy' http://www.club-sindy.com/susy_idguide_main.htm  (that seems to still be in production, but I've lost the link to the manufacturer) that seems to have been mainly marketed in the Nordics,
However, the pieces were originally designed for Mary Quants' Daisy doll:
 http://daisy-by-mary-quant.piczo.com/homefurnishings?cr=3&linkvar=000044
The wardrobe, dressing-table and bed at the bottom of the page are the items I was searching for, but in a different colour, namely the pink shown in the photo about one fourth of the page down shown here:
http://www.freewebs.com/dollsallover/daisysfurniture.htm

Thanks so much for everyones' help and suggestions! ^__^

Living together with a TF and GD collector; as the Japanese would put it, "LUCKY!!" <3

anything