Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Large Doll with Yarn Hair [May 2008]  (Read 25238 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Large Doll with Yarn Hair [May 2008]
« on: Sunday 07 March 2010, 05:48 pm »
Trista emailed me this doll's image and description:

"I had this doll when I was little and I am wanting to find one for my daughter but I can't remember what the name of the doll is. If you could help me figure out what doll it is I would greatly appreciate it."
Trista

• Not an Ice Cream Doll

« Last Edit: Saturday 17 April 2010, 10:56 am by Ghost Of The Doll »
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Re: Large Doll with Yarn Hair
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 March 2010, 05:48 pm »
Julia added:

"I too am looking for this doll. I got one for Christmas in 1984. It was called a Tilly Doll. I'm not sure of the exact name but Tilly was part of it because that is what I called her. We lived in Oklahoma at the time and my mom said it was purchased at the Kmart in Tulsa. I have googled Tilly Doll but can find nothing. I had this doll until about 10 years ago when I loaned it to a friend's daughter and never saw it again. I would love to be kept posted if anyone should locate them or even find out the complete name and/or manufacturer."

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Large Doll with Yarn Hair [May 2008]
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 April 2010, 11:30 pm »
Wow. That doll is gigantic. You'd think that line would be fairly memorable!
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 April 2010, 10:57 am »
I agree, it is a bit of a beast!

Offline mouse

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 07:14 am »
Ooh ooh ooh - looky what I found
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SPUMONE-DELLA-NOTTE-DELLA-MIGLIORATI-ANNI-80_W0QQitemZ230460628415QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBambole?hash=item35a8861dbf

What the auction says:
MOUSSE OF THE NIGHT, OF THE IMPROVED, YEARS 80, IN THE BOX, WORKING, SINGS THE CANZONCINA IN ENDOWMENT.  THE SECTION OF THE BATTERIES AND' POSITIONED WITH A LITTLE one OF ADHESIVE TAPE BUT DETAINS THE BATTERIES, HIGH CM 48.  

Thank you automatic translator actually that is pretty much no help at all! So it was made in the 80's and at least this version you could put batteries in it and it did something. This 'mousse' might have something to do with sundaes/ice creams? The doll has a three scoop ice-cream on it's chest. I have no idea what the 'of the night' part might refer to!

ETA: this doll is also pretty similar but is a bit smaller http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BAMBOLA-MORBIDA-ANNI-80-NUOVA-SIGILLATA_W0QQitemZ290349500126QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBambole?hash=item439a2dc6de

and another: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GISELLA-SAPUTELLA-GABAR-RIPETE-QUELLO-CHE-DICI_W0QQitemZ230373662550QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBambole?hash=item35a3571f56 this one has crazy eyes though.

I think the first mousse of the night doll is the most similar though.
« Last Edit: Sunday 25 April 2010, 07:39 am by mouse »

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 09:43 pm »
There's another one of those here, mouse:
http://giocattoli80.forumfree.it/?t=36380795

...except that one is REALLY crazy. Eeep!

And another:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbara_barbara/1350039117/

Migliorati is the company and the line is called Spumone. I'm thinking from the look and name (spumone is an ice cream desert) that these are Italian versions/knockoffs of Ice Cream dolls? The more of them I find the less similar they look to the doll in question, though. They have the same little button noses as the Ice Cream dolls.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 09:46 pm »
I wonder if the person that submitted the original picture was from Italy?
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 10:52 pm »
I don't think so, because the person in the second post said she had one and that it was bought in Oklahoma. Also, all of these Italian dolls have little pink clown-ish noses and the original doll has a "normal" nose. But I mean, they are VERY similar otherwise. The only thing I can think of is that both are knockoffs of Ice Cream dolls.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline mouse

« Reply #8 on: Monday 26 April 2010, 04:11 am »
I don't think so, because the person in the second post said she had one and that it was bought in Oklahoma. Also, all of these Italian dolls have little pink clown-ish noses and the original doll has a "normal" nose. But I mean, they are VERY similar otherwise. The only thing I can think of is that both are knockoffs of Ice Cream dolls.

Oh yeah - now that other photos have been posted of the same dolls I can see the nose - in the ebay auction photo it looks more flesh coloured. I thought I had hit the jackpot!

Offline misticone

« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 March 2011, 07:01 am »
I am also looking for Tilly. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 30 March 2011, 07:25 am »
This doesn't look like an exact match. The facial features seem off, but she looks very similar and is from 1984..
http://cgi.ebay.com/Big-Doll-1984-25-Height-Doll-Pink-Yarn-Hair-Plastic-HD-/180645689393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0f527831

What do you guys think?

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #11 on: Saturday 02 April 2011, 05:47 am »
It has the same feet!

I tried to look up "GMG Corp" and the only likely company I found, GMG Publishing Corp., had lots of unnamed trademarks.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #12 on: Saturday 02 April 2011, 01:10 pm »
I forgot to mention that she looks to be about the right size, and her hands look like they might be the same, but can't see them well enough in the auction to be sure.

Offline misticone

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 06 April 2011, 12:40 am »
she looks simular but tilly didn't have makeup and the nose isn't right. very close though, i think i saw her on ebay.

Offline amanda

• here is a pic of my tillie doll
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 11 August 2011, 12:20 pm »
it is actually spelled tillie. i had recieved one for christmas when i was 2. i am now 29. mine has never been played with still in original package. i am trying to find out info on the tillie doll to see if it is an antique or what not cause they only came out around 84/85 and wasnt made anymore that i was told.

anything