Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: stuff that has happend to your toys  (Read 17351 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

stuff that has happend to your toys
« on: Wednesday 05 January 2011, 03:13 am »
the worst thing that ever happened to me was one of my sisters when they were younger got a hold of one of my MLP. They ended up giving beach ball a hair cut!   :-\ well now she has a Mohawk for a hairdo!

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
Re: stuff that has happend to your toys
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 January 2011, 04:28 am »
My poseable Lotsa Heart got run over by a lawnmower :(

I buried a Maple Town bunny and found it three years later. I still have the poor chap, it's one of my favorite toys!

I used to burn toys on a railroad spike. That was when I was an angry teenager!~

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 January 2011, 05:10 am »
Just this last Christmas Eve, I got to my mom's house where I keep my storage boxes of toys in here basement. I was shocked and extremely ANGRY that she had taken a Popple and given it to my dog, who destroyed it.

She didn't apologize and didn't care. This isn't funny.....it's very sad.

I'm looking into getting a storage unit.

Offline pikapal

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 January 2011, 05:39 am »
I mostly destroyed toys on my own.

I remember this one girl from my first grade class that my mom would take care of broke one of my poseable Cabbage patch figures. She broke the legs off and buried in the back yard. She denied the whole thing. I still have the torso part.

Various toys and figures I lost for school projects.

I was very mean to my My Little Ponies. When I was little I liked to chew Firefly's foot.

Offline hime

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 January 2011, 04:19 pm »
My dog destroyed a few of mine including a couple of star wars figs and my fischer price cow.

Offline Sora

• Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 January 2011, 01:56 pm »
I was a very loving child with my toys. I took the utmost care with them. We did move alot, so pieces got separated, but all the pieces are still in excellent condition. I don't understand children who are destructive...

Offline palaisdejouets

• My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: Friday 07 January 2011, 08:19 pm »
I was never destructive with my toys (though I did do some stylish haircuts on a few Barbies here and there). But still, small children playing with toys means a lot of wear and tear! For instance, I still have all my original Strawberry Shortcake dolls. However, THREE of them (three!) have lost their right arms! My original Strawberry Shortcake herself, my Peach Blush, and my Orange Blossom! I blame it on the fact that it's hard to get the dolls into their clothes and you kind of have to squeeze their arms together. Anyway, if anyone has spare vintage SSC right arms lying around, let me know. :P

Offline Snork_Maiden

« Reply #7 on: Monday 10 January 2011, 09:22 am »
When I was little, I chewed on Barbie and LLL shoes, but I was always very gentle to the toys themselves. The worst thing that ever happened to one of them was when I lost a Snugglebumm in the zoo. My mum and I went back several times to check whether anyone had seen it, but I never got it back...

« Reply #8 on: Monday 10 January 2011, 04:17 pm »
oh i almost forgot we had a second LPS carrying case with most of our pets in it and it got donated  a year ago  :'( so there went 90% of all the LPS pets we had!

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 January 2011, 05:40 pm »
My Red Fraggle fell into a wet, muddy puddle.  =-(

Offline manateejaq

« Reply #10 on: Monday 10 January 2011, 08:04 pm »
My sisters and I were all very good to our toys, but I do still feel bad that we lost a quints dog somewhere in the sandbox (it was a big sandbox) - we since moved away and I wonder if it is still there.

At one point my youngest sister's Prince Eric doll (from the Little Mermaid) got one of his legs broken off. He had these pants with boots attached at the bottom, so the leg wouldn't fall off... but it hung there pretty lifelessly and bent at the wrong angle... and for that reason he became the crazy evil villain. <.< 

Offline MissAliRae

« Reply #11 on: Monday 10 January 2011, 09:03 pm »
After going through our basement/storage room looking for all my old toys this summer I noticed a huge chunk (probably close to half) of my LPS, which is what I loved the most and had most of the pieces, was missing. I went over to our storage unit to look, but couldn't find my other bin of them. My mom then informed me that when we kept our stuff in a different storage unit (we actually rented a garage at an apartment complex) someone broke in and stole some stuff. Now I'm wondering if a chunk of my toys got stolen, and I'm betting they did since I can't find them anywhere. :( It makes me really upset just thinking about it.

« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 January 2011, 10:36 pm »
that stinks i am kinda in the same boat as you instead of toys being stolen they got donated! my condolences although that sucks  :(

Offline Lady-Yuki

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 January 2011, 03:30 am »
I was pretty good to my toys, too. I think the worst I ever did was chew the corners off of book pages  (I'm convinced I was part goat.)

Until one day, when I was ten years old. We lived in a trailer and didn't have enough room for a lot of our stuff, so we kept some of it under tarps in the backyard. Not a good idea  :( All of it got rained on.

Offline Asandria

« Reply #14 on: Saturday 15 January 2011, 08:07 am »
A TON of my G1 littlest pet shops, 101 dalmatians toys, The Lion King Toys and Barbies were ruined when our basement flooded. It was such a huge mess and I'm still really heartbroken. :'(
The only thing I remember doing myself was when I gave my Cabbage Patch Doll black show pony a mane and tail haircut. I was still young enough to believe it would grow back.. Oops!

anything