Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Mer-Wees  (Read 38443 times)

Offline BattySparkles

Re: Mer-Wees
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 05:50 am »
I want them to have their own page too, but I do know that Ghosty is really busy and there are lots of other things that still need added..
It looks like the blowfish does blow bubbles. You can see it better in this picture on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/battycollector/4577236564/in/set-72157623669143952/
It's more clear on flickr because I auto adjusted the lighting.
Now there is the mystery of some of the Merwees in the Rainbow Waterfall picture and the one from that New Zealand auction. They are very different from any of the other merwees so I wonder if they are just random variations. It's possible that the unknown/variations in the Rainbow Waterfall picture were just prototypes for the photo. But that does not help with the Merwee from the NZ Auction. Did the Cafe come with either the AA or the white one? But if that were the case, why wouldn't they be the same merwee just different skin color?

Offline EmBee

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 07:34 pm »
@BattySparkles

I enjoyed reading your thoughts on Merwees!  That is an interesting concept indeed, and I'd probably have to agree!  I think my favorite thing of all is when there is a false "depth" created.  For example, when on a flat or slightly sloped surface, they paint on shore water to deep water.  Something about that was always so cool and imaginative to me!  ^.^  Especially when it looked believable.

-Em
;)

Offline zap18

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 09:20 pm »
So why do two of my Merwees have bridal veils? 

Unless they change color very dramatically, they are not the same one...

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 11:14 pm »
I've been wondering about that too zappy. All I can think of is that they are variations.

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 11:56 pm »
Are they both white veils? The bedroom one has an aqua-colored veil for some reason.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #35 on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 02:55 am »
They are both white. Here are zappy's pics:

The one on the right looks like she's the same as mine just with the "pants" paint rubbed off. 

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #36 on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 04:06 am »
Do they both still change color? As far as their tails go it looks like the right one IS missing her paint, but that doesn't explain their bras. Hmmmm. The bras didn't change color, right?
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #37 on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 06:45 am »
I'm pretty sure the part that changed color is rubbed off of the one on the right. That's what I meant when I said "pants" paint rubbed off. Only the pants changed color. Or rather turned see-through in warm water.

Offline wattheheckrebek

« Reply #38 on: Sunday 06 June 2010, 12:25 am »
I would really like one of these, I wrote the initial inquiry, and I am still really interested in them. I was so happy when I saw the pic of the set with the waterfall. I had that exact one, and I was soo sad when my mom had to throw it away when it gathered mold :(

So, If anyone knows where I can get any Mer-Wees, please let me know
at rebekahkool@hotmail.com
Thankyou :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 27 July 2010, 09:20 am »
Guess what I found! :D

I also had someone offer to sell me the bedroom playset.. They're asking for way to much, so I'll see if I can get them to lower the price, if not I'll see if any of you would like to pay that much.

Also, did anyone on here win zappy's auction for Mr. Merwee? I didn't.
I also lost out on a lot that included this Merwee:
« Last Edit: Tuesday 27 July 2010, 09:38 am by BattySparkles »

Offline wattheheckrebek

« Reply #40 on: Monday 11 October 2010, 02:49 am »
wow that's awesome ^^ where did you find it?

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #41 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 03:53 am »
wow that's awesome ^^ where did you find it?

The Rainbow Waterfall was in a lot of random mermaid playsets on ebay. ^-^

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 07 December 2010, 10:12 am »
Hey everyone! I got myself another Merwee! I posted a quick journal entry if you'd like to read a bit and see some more pictures: http://battycollector.livejournal.com/3563.html

Offline 2526

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 09 March 2011, 11:52 pm »
Hello. I recently found a Merwees playset and have it listed. Thank you for any interest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320669112282&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_526wt_936

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #44 on: Thursday 07 July 2011, 10:17 pm »
Hey everyone! Here's something exciting! This site used to be private and you would have to pay to see the content on their sight, but it seems that they've changed that! I had hoped to see a video of the commercial, but at least we can see screencaps! ^-^
http://www.childstarlets.com/features/commercials/lobby/mer.html

Just look at all of those Merwees! Lucky girl!

anything