Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: IceTickle Bear & IceTickle Bunny by Mattel, 1993-94  (Read 12794 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
IceTickle Bear & IceTickle Bunny by Mattel, 1993-94
« on: Friday 12 March 2010, 07:30 pm »
Sean emailed me this plush toys description:

"I was wondering if you could help me identify a stuffed animal I used to have in the very early 90s. It may have been older as my grandmother did have an awful habit of regifting unwanted toys to me. It was a blue bunny rabbit, but I'm sure they came in other animals and colours. Anyway, the unique thing about this toy was its stomach. It came with a plastic heart that was held on it's stomach by a small piece of velcro. You would put this heart into the freezer and when it got cold you would rub it on the bunny's stomach to make it change colours. When the toy heated up again, the stomach would go back to it's original colour. I loved this toy dearly as a child, but my mother tossed it when we lost the heart to it. Lo and behold, my mother found the plastic heart in her freezer a few years ago and my search for the bunny began. The heart has been in there for over fifteen years now and the writing is almost all scratched off so it offers no clue to the identity of my lost bunny. I just cannot find any mention of this toy anywhere and no one else remembers the name either, just the stuffed animal. Any idea the name of this long forgotten toy? Thanks for the help."
Sean

Andrea and Amber emailed me these two images and further descriptions:

"I also have a similar stuffed animal, a polar bear whose belly turns blue when gets cold by the crystal. It does not have a name on the tag, only 1993 Mattel."
Andrea

"I can't remember what it was called (I think there was "Crystal" in the name.. but not sure.) Maybe the photo will help though! Hope it helps!"
Amber

UPDATE!!!
Thanks to Sean herself, Zuse and Holly who all identified the bear as an IceTickle Bear, produced by Mattel in 1994. I can't find mention of the bunny line, but image it was called an IceTickle Bunny.

If you know anymore about the bunny line, or if there were more than three bears made please email me!

Go to my IceTickle Bears & Bunnies page!

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_IceTickle.htm
« Last Edit: Friday 12 March 2010, 08:00 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline lithiumkat

Re: IceTickle Bear & IceTickle Bunny by Mattel, 1993-94
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 July 2010, 10:36 am »
I remember these!!! I didn't have one. And I'm not sure if a friend of mine did or not but I do remember seeing them and thinking they were beautiful and wanting one!

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 February 2011, 10:04 pm »
I got some Mattel catalogues and found out that their were ice tickle babies. Bear, puppy and bunny. They each came with a bottle that was meant to be frozen and used to change the color if their bellies. I will scan and post te pic probably this weekend. These babies were probably not produced but pretty exciting to discover! Their are also some great pics of the ice tickle bunnies. :)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 February 2011, 09:19 am »
Excellent find, I can't wait to see your scans!
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 February 2011, 08:08 pm »
Here are my scans. Found in a 1994 Mattel Girls Toys Catalogue

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #5 on: Friday 25 March 2011, 10:36 pm »
Some more news in the ice tickle world. I got a Mattel girls toys 1993 catalog and found out...

Ice tickle bears were originally called "snowflake surprise bears".
They had earrings shaped like hearts, stars and snowflakes.
The colored parts of their bellies were shaped like a heart, a circle and a paw print (I think).
Their lockers were different. A hollow clear star with beads in it saying "you're so special". A circle locket with large white snowflake on the front saying "make a wish". A pretty and think clear heart (with bubbles inside) saying "I love you" in handwriting.
Their eyes look different too. One bear looks like he has eyes shaped likes snowflakes or flowers, but all black.
« Last Edit: Friday 25 March 2011, 11:07 pm by EdenEye »

anything