Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: A bunch of dolls  (Read 7547 times)

Offline Breyer600

A bunch of dolls
« on: Tuesday 17 May 2011, 05:01 am »
I recently picked up several bags of vintage dolls from a garage sale.  After sorting out the ones I could identify, there were still a lot left over.  I'm still working on getting some cleaned up, but these are a start.

Top row:
Drink N Wet doll - marked Playmates Hong Kong and has a few numbers (8080) as well - ID'dMermaid -no markings - ID'd - Little Mermaid Sea Tails by Fishel

Second row:
large doll - Made in China
doll with panties (may not belong to her) - Kid Kore 1995 China
little baby - Tara Toy China
doll with dalmation dress - Hong Kong - partially ID'd as Fun-World similar to Ting-A-Ling Tina
(the next three are all hard plastic and marked Wilton so I suspect them of being cake toppers)

Third Row:
Hard plastic cat - ID'd Barbie pet (came with Courtney)
next two - New Ray Novelty 1991
brown haired baby - Hong Kong
big headed doll - Hong Kong
long haired girl - no marks
short-haied blond - Kidco 1981
girl with purple outfit - HIL(?) Hinstar China
action figure in orange - has a hole in his back and pegs on the sides of his head - 90 Eon Prod Ltd, Mac B Inc, China C-231, Distr by Hasbro
action figure with red marker all over - 95 DC Comics, Made in China

Fourth row:
poseable rubber figures - all of these are marked with a name and QFE(not sure about first letter) Inc 1993, Just Toys Inc NY, China
The names from left to right are Stacy Jones, Schemer, Grace, Didi, Tito, Rex, and Tex - ID'd Shining Time Station

Bottom row:
lollipop has a small round magnet on the other side - ID'd My Lickety Treats
yellow flower brush
two dresses that came on a couple of the dolls (but didn't seem to fit them)

I figured I should probably find out if there was anything special that someone may want before I throw them in the garage sale/donation bin.
« Last Edit: Thursday 19 May 2011, 05:57 pm by Breyer600 »

Offline EdenEye

Re: A bunch of dolls
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 May 2011, 06:24 am »
In the third row - the 2 New Raw Novelty toys are part of Kiddyland I believe. There was another post regarding them.

The black female doll at the bottom looks like a character from the show "all grown up" which was the sequal to "rugrats". But i am not sure it's the right doll. I could be wrong.

Offline Ianua

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 May 2011, 05:25 pm »
the chubby mermail has been identified before it took us ages unfortunatly can't find the link x the new ray noveltie chubby ones have been identified in the past too but again can't find the links

Offline Breyer600

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 May 2011, 05:49 pm »
I've had some help from another board in identifying a few things.  

The kitten is a Barbie pet.

The last row of dolls are characters from a show called Shining Time Station.

The lollipop came with a My Lickety Treats doll.

I did find the thread on the New Ray Novelty ones (http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=879.0), but it looks like they weren't ID'd (Kiddyland has rooted hair).  I'll see if I can find the thread on the mermaid.

Edit: Found the mermaid thread! http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=81.0
« Last Edit: Tuesday 17 May 2011, 05:54 pm by Breyer600 »

Offline hime

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 May 2011, 10:12 pm »
The guy in the blue shirt is Ian from "ID4" (as played by Jeff goldblum)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 May 2011, 10:51 pm »
The doll with the Dalmatian dress is by Fun-World. The only info I know is that there are similar dolls called Ting-A-Ling Tina. zuse found this out when someone else was trying to ID one of these dolls. See this thread:
http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=279.0

I found this picture of 3 on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/asantillano/2863351584/in/photostream

Seeing as yours has a puppy dress, and the one in the other thread comes with a puppy bank, I'd bet there is a puppy set just like the Ting-A-Ling Tina set.

Also, thanks for uploading the Shining Time Station bendies! I had them when I was young and I was thinking about them recently, but couldn't find them online! Aw nostalgia.

Offline Breyer600

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 May 2011, 12:07 am »
Oh, those Fun-World dolls are rather cute, and definitely appear to be the same type as the dalmation girl.

I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the Shining Time Station bendies.  If you'd be interested in having them, drop me a PM and we'll work something out.

The guy in the blue shirt is Ian from "ID4" (as played by Jeff goldblum)

Do you have a link?  I still can't find him.

Offline Ianua

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 May 2011, 06:26 pm »
Cool I knew someone more persistant than me whould find that mermaid link I knew I'd seen them as it took us so long to identify them first time around :)

Offline Ianua

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 18 May 2011, 06:29 pm »
Also cool that she's a different colour one They are very cute x

Offline Lauralovelylocks

• I am doll parts, bad skin, doll heart....
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 May 2011, 09:47 am »
I had the gorgeous Playmates baby doll in the very early 80s. Thanks for reminding me of her!
Does she have 8080 written on the back of her head? She comes up quite a bit on Ebay (black and white versions) and just seems to be named 'Drink and Wet Doll'.
Does the stripy dress with flowers on in your picture fit her? I'm pretty sure that she came wearing a very similar dress xxx

Offline Breyer600

« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 May 2011, 05:55 pm »
Thanks!  The numbers on the back of her head are hard to read but do appear to include 8080 (either that or 8090 and they also have a 32 at the end).

The striped dress is a little too small for her.  It will go on the large doll in the second row but it's still a little snug and restricts the movement of her arms.

anything