Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Pocket Pretties by Sega  (Read 7377 times)

Offline Lulubelle

Pocket Pretties by Sega
« on: Wednesday 18 May 2011, 03:47 pm »
First of all, LOVING this site - I've done virtually no work for 3 days now!  It's so nice to see pictures of toys I owned years ago.

This is a long shot but does anyone else remember Pocket Pretties?  As I remember there was a series of 5 (possibly more if there were earlier/later runs) available very late 80s/very early 90s.  I owned 4 of them (bought from Woolworths in the UK): they were basically plastic compacts, each with a different way of opening, and held a set of little accessories that all fitted inside the compact.  

One of mine contained a set of plastic stick-on fingernails plus stickers to decorate them and I think a tiny nail file too, another had a mirror, hair slides and hair bobbles, one had a tiny Post-it pad, pen, and ink stampers.  I had one other but can't quite remember what was in it, and there was one with a ballerina doll that I didn't own.  

Weirdly, they were made by Sega but had nothing at all to do with video games.  I've found a couple of vague references to them on Google but generally it's as though they never existed!  I'm going to have a rummage round my mum's house to see if I kept mine - if I find them I'll post pics!
« Last Edit: Thursday 03 November 2011, 11:42 am by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline Zoundz

Re: Sega Pocket Pretties
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 June 2011, 03:32 pm »
I remember them :) I have the ballerina one in my collection... however, I recently discovered she's missing the pink plate she needs to spin :( I don't know what can have happened to it as it was with her. I will keep looking for it and if I find it I'll post a picture and a video of her using it! :D

xx

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 06:04 am »
Finally found some pictures. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/370520582364

Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 06:06 am »
MOC

Amazon.com Marketplace (no longer available):

Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Wardah

« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 06:32 am »
Wasn't there a similar "boys" line that had things like a helicopter that could fly?

anything