Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Little Beauties Horses  (Read 46157 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Little Beauties Horses
« on: Saturday 13 March 2010, 01:17 pm »
Little Beauties were a series of ponies which came in two sizes. They were brightly coloured and had moulded clothing and brushable hair. They are marked "'Copyright MT 1988'.

Jana's is the only picure I have (from the Identified Toys section). Does anyone know anything more about these horses or have any images I can use to create a section for them?

« Last Edit: Saturday 18 December 2010, 06:39 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Little Beauties Horses
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 March 2010, 12:00 am »
I have a scanned backcard for the ones with clothes... somewhere. I'm really interested in the carousel ones... that's the ones I had growing up.
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zap18

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 March 2010, 01:04 am »
I've managed to get a lot more than those now, plus a MIB carousel one and some twins.  I will try and take some nice pics of them for you pronto :)

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 March 2010, 10:24 am »
Thanks Zuse & Zap18, that would be great!

Offline zuse

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 March 2010, 04:21 pm »
http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=90637/

I think that we decided that the carousel ones were Little Pretties as well, even though they weren't wearing outfits.

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zap18

« Reply #5 on: Monday 15 March 2010, 05:41 am »
I've gotten pics taken of most of them now and will be emailing you in the next few days with them.  Be on the look out!

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #6 on: Monday 15 March 2010, 04:53 pm »
I have a bunch of the carousel ones. I'll try to take pics tomorrow.

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #7 on: Monday 15 March 2010, 06:09 pm »
Hi zap18 & Eilonwe, any and all pictures will be greatfuly received!

I place thanks on each page I use other peoples images on so let me know if there is a link you would like me to add to your name too.

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 16 March 2010, 11:47 pm »
I thought I'd post these here in case anyone was interested in seeing them early.  :D I have six different ones. I'd love to know if they have names or if there are more. I picked these up here and there back when I was collecting MLPs more. Some have haircuts, but others still have their long hair.

I love this sea-themed one. I wish I had one in better shape!

This night/celestial design is my favorite.

Offline zuse

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 March 2010, 12:22 am »
I have the sea-themed blue one and the yellow one. I think one was my sister's actually. I was usually good at keeping accessories to my toys but I seem to have lost the base? I could have sworn they came with them...

Offline zap18

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 March 2010, 02:24 am »
Oooh, Eilonwe, you have the white carousel one!  That is the one I am missing!  She is gorgeous!

You better look out!  Jeanette, and now the white carousel LB... don't tell me where you live, lol.  I'd have to invest in a catsuit and a goodie bag  ;D

I have one of the carousel stands remaining, which will hopefully help out when the page for them gets up.  Here's a preview of the pics I have:

http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/zap18/Myphotos/Little%20Beauties/

I love me some Little Beauties.

Offline zuse

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 March 2010, 02:53 am »
Oh my gosh... I had sworn for years that the backcard had a picture of the carousel on it... and it does! I didn't imagine it! (I think I thought it was specific to the carousel horses and not all of them with the styling gimmick, but oh well).

I knew I couldn't have imagined the base since they have a hole (I knew they were carousel horses after all)... it's even the color I remember.

I think I was somewhere between 4 and 5 when I got this... amazing how much I remembered from that young (mom would throw out all the wrappers, of course).

Seriously, I can't believe how good my memory was of something from 20 years ago when I was that young...

Don't like the fashion ones, though. A bit too "Charlie the Unicorn" looking for my tastes.

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 March 2010, 03:57 am »
Ooo, fab pics! I have the safari one with blue hair in my childhood toy collection. And I had some of the minis, but might have sold them.

I like these two:
http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/zap18/Myphotos/Little%20Beauties/?action=view&current=DSC07187.jpg
http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/zap18/Myphotos/Little%20Beauties/?action=view&current=DSC07212.jpg

I'll have to keep an eye out for them. And an upgrade for my sea-themed carousel one.

On one hand, it's really cool to see the carded one and based on the artwork, I think I have them all. But on the other hand, I'm disappointed they don't have names!

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Little Beauties Page Now Up!
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 21 March 2010, 11:45 am »
I've just uploaded the Little Beauties pages:

http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_LittleBeauties.htm

Let me know if I've made any obvious mistakes!

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 March 2010, 04:05 pm »
The pony listed as "Blue Pose 2" in the Carrousel section is really more of a green shade. Like seafoam green, but darker.

anything