Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Little Beauties Horses  (Read 46158 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Little Beauties Horses
« Reply #15 on: Monday 22 March 2010, 04:45 am »
I think my blue pony (sea theme one) has yellow hair? Maybe it was blue. But for some reason I was thinking it was yellow. I think I only have a photo of the yellow one, though, from when I was asking on the Arena. The blue one's hair is a bit thinner/sparse.

Also, I am VAGUELY remembering that accessory that came with the Carousel ones. I remember back when I was small I could never figure out what it was supposed to attach to? I think that's why I was so convinced I needed the playset. I was convinced it attached to that somehow. But I don't remember the accessories beyond the first day I had the toys (which I think I got at my grandma's house). Maybe she was super vigilant and since I was so young kept them... I think I'd recently swallowed a piece of money or something. :-D

Is the accessory a parrot/bird? That's what it looks like to me (albeit all one color).
« Last Edit: Monday 22 March 2010, 04:51 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #16 on: Monday 22 March 2010, 12:25 pm »
The original set packaging says they all came with hair clips, could it be a clip?
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline zuse

« Reply #17 on: Monday 22 March 2010, 02:46 pm »
It's not a clip (barrette). I remember now. One of my horses (probably the yellow one with pink hair and pink rose decorations) came with a "bunch" of flowers/roses. It was light pink and just the molded plastic (no painted decorations/detail). On the back there was just a peg. Like it was supposed to be stuck into something? But I don't think there was a hole anywhere on the base or pole of the stand? I think it really frustrated/mystified me. Then again, I was like 5. :-P

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zap18

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 23 March 2010, 05:19 pm »
Yay for the Little Beauties section!  You are so good at organizing out these pictures of toy lines into something useable!  I mean really... it looks fantastic.

A few little things that I notice that are off though (things you couldn't possibly have been expected to know since you have never held the things, lol):
- The two horses you have as nite star are actually different molds.  So, not both Nite Star, and I have sometimes wondered if they are going to materialize into a "Flapper" series.  So far though, just the two, and not different enough to be a new series.  Plus, there is a micro with a boa, which seems to place them in the main series.
- the thing in the picture with the brush is a blue parrot hair clip.  I do vaguely remember a bouquet of flowers though too, zuse- maybe with the other series.
- according to the art work on the front of the box, there are only going to be the six carrousel horses, and it actually seems pretty accurate.  The only thing it doesn't account for is the hair color variants that pop up.  I've seen one other than is listed, but it was on one of the blue ones and I have trouble remembering which.  They probably all have one, like the molded clothes horses.  Other than that though, the box seems accurate.
- *hangs head in shame*  I don't personally care about credit, but the MIB pics that feature lovely tearing over the horses are mine.  I only bring that up as a pardon to SparkyGemini for their bad shape, lol.

So, who else thinks it is weird they put the ballerina in a shower?  And no carrousel ponies on the carrousel?

Offline zuse

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 23 March 2010, 06:08 pm »
Ha, you're right. I don't understand the playset photos either!

As for the Carrousel accessories. I only ever owned two Carrousel horses and I received them brand new. (My sister and I each picked one and opened it). I have custody of them now, haha. :-D But the stands are long gone. I might still have the brushes and accessories. But I'm pretty sure it was mine (the yellow one) that came with the pink bouquet. And it wasn't a hair clip... it had a peg or something on the back to attach to what I assumed was a playset or something? I don't remember what the blue-green sea pony came with.

I'm not sure if the light pink/dark pink hair is a variation? Isn't pink hair just prone to fading (like with MLP)?

Offline zap18

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 23 March 2010, 06:43 pm »
I can't say on the accessories, lol.  I only know that I looked at my MIB one (the one pictured) and it's a parrot.  Which is about as sensical as the ballerina in the shower.  Why a carrousel pony needs a parrot eludes me.

On the hair color issue, I'm pretty sure they all come in two hair colors (I've never seen more than two hair colors on any one horse, and a second hair color has popped up on a great number of them).  In some cases the two hair color differences are more dramatic, like with my purple explorer molded clothes horse  with the blue hair and brown hair.  In some cases, like with the bride, I think it really is a light pink versus dark pink difference.  My understanding is that light pink fades to white, like with MLP, but the darker pink does not.

Offline zuse

« Reply #21 on: Thursday 25 March 2010, 07:21 pm »
I was poking through my file of random toy images I've saved and came across these:

I do not know where they came from. *Possibly* eBay, but perhaps another forum. Do NOT credit them to me. I do not own them. I hope we find out who does! For some reason I didn't rename the files to include the person's username or anything so it's a mystery for now. :( They were saved in May 2009. I'm bummed that the person didn't take pictures of the back of the box!

Is Sunstreak the actual name of one of the ponies... or are they referring to a sun-activated hair color change gimmick?

I know they are rather large files. Let me know if I need to resize them for the forum!
« Last Edit: Thursday 25 March 2010, 07:23 pm by zuse »

Offline zap18

« Reply #22 on: Friday 02 April 2010, 12:18 am »
Heehee, I've been avoiding this post now because... I WANT THOSE!!  *grumble grumble*

Alright :P  Out of my system.

The thread on the arena has the purple explorer LB with the safari outfit with a new hair color- pink.  This is in addition to the blue haired one and the brown-haired one I have.  So...

My theory that they only have two hair variants each.. dead.  Finished.

There's no telling now :P

Oh, the mystery!  How it teases me!

Aaaand, teaser:  a picture of my new blue light up one coming soon!

Offline zuse

« Reply #23 on: Friday 02 April 2010, 12:46 am »
Aww!

Yeah, I was so glad the page got made! That's why I posted it on the Arena (I think asking about them was one of the first posts I made on the Arena... part of the reason I joined!) The Arena is jam packed with horse/pony toy collectors (not just MLP). And they're poorly labelled and obscure so most people don't know what they have (same with lots of other "fakies"). But sometimes it's fun to find "fakies" a home with someone that will love them!

Maybe we'll see some more interesting things now that Ghost of the Doll has made them official. :)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #24 on: Friday 02 April 2010, 06:20 pm »
Thanks for posting the images you found Zuse. I came across an ebay sale (no images as it was from May 2009) and it listed all the items you have images for so I assume it was theirs (seller buford_bargain_hunter, buyer den268).
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline zuse

« Reply #25 on: Friday 02 April 2010, 09:48 pm »
Thanks for posting the images you found Zuse. I came across an ebay sale (no images as it was from May 2009) and it listed all the items you have images for so I assume it was theirs (seller buford_bargain_hunter, buyer den268).

Yeah, I found what you were talking about. Was too lazy to Google it earlier. :-P It WAS eBay. The seller cracks me up (I guess there wasn't a picture of the Bridal Shop):

**ULTRA RARE** Little Little Beauties Play Sets In Box

For your consideration are four play sets from the Little Little Beauties by Multi Toys Corp. 1990. These playsets were Multi Toys answer to the miniture playset craze of the mid to late 80's. Just getting under the wire of the craze, these were released near Christmas 1990 and found a small following until the craze died a few months later. The sets are in thier original boxes, and are in near mint condition for nearly 20 yearold toys! You get: Bridal Shoppe High School Coutry Club Beauty Academy If you are a true collector, you know that these are RARER than RARE and hard to find... as of listing not even ONE set was listed on eBay or had been listed in the last month! The last time they were listed a single set sold for over $80!! My lost is your gain! Reserve is less than $10 each! Get them now before I change my mind and put them back away for safe keeping for the next 20 years!

Offline zap18

« Reply #26 on: Saturday 03 April 2010, 11:09 pm »
That's why I posted it on the Arena (I think asking about them was one of the first posts I made on the Arena... part of the reason I joined!) The Arena is jam packed with horse/pony toy collectors (not just MLP).

I actually joined the arena to buy my MOC Little Beauty out of the classifieds!

I tracked down the buyer off ebay and they are actually a huge seller of 80s toys at ridiculous BIN prices.  I contacted them and asked if they had any Little Beauties.  They said they don't :( 

Offline Wildshadow

« Reply #27 on: Monday 05 April 2010, 03:59 am »
Just like I thought. all I had remembered being around the house, and all but one of them is pictured...  I have the purple beach twin that's not pictured.

Found out all the small ones I had around, match up with all the ones pictured o.O And have all the carousels pictured.  I remember having the carousel playset as a child! Didn't remember it went with these horses O.o

The things you learn! X D

Offline zap18

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 06 April 2010, 05:44 am »
Here she is!!!  My beautiful new light up one!!

Offline zuse

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 06 April 2010, 05:39 pm »
Yay! Does it still work?

anything