Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Stretch With Me Dancie Doll  (Read 15467 times)

Offline chelsmith18

• I Love God! Jesus is the Lord N Savior of my Life!
    • My Twitter
Stretch With Me Dancie Doll
« on: Wednesday 17 August 2011, 08:59 pm »
This is what I know: There is a doll I am looking for that was
manufactured. It was LIKE the "Dance With Dancie" doll..Ballerina. 36
inches long. And you could hold her and she'd dance with you.

It's the same company that produced THIS doll, which also stands and dances with you as well when you hold her

Except this doll had on sweatpants and sneakers. The back of her neck read
"Constructive Playthings". and then some "manufacture year" in the
1980's. Something between the years of 1982-1986 as I recall, thankfully, I read the back of her neck a lot as a little girl because I was fascinated with it's "indentation" into the rubber. I believe the sweats are purple as well. And the sneakers were "attached" to her. White. I owned one in the year 1993. Anything you could tell me would be great.

I just need to know the NAME of the product. Just need a name. All I
can give is the description. Thank you for your time, respond promptly, Chelsea.

P.S. I have NO doubt this company is the one that made this toy, long ago. I can't find it ANYWHERE. They only have the ballerina dolls, and mine is dressed in sweats and sneakers. Again, the company is Constructive Playthings. I just don't think they sell this doll anymore. She also had blonde hair.

EDIT: JUST SO YOU KNOW, THE DOLL IS IN ALL ORIGINAL CLOTHES AS THIS TOY WAS JUST TORN FROM IT'S BOX.

I got some photos, they are pictures of a 1993 Christmas video, I'm holding the doll, and shots are kinda blurry at best but it's the best I could do. At least you may be able to get a general idea of the doll.

"Dance With Dancie" is the name of the brand I was talking about. THEY DID make a ballerina, apparently, this company revised their doll names (I don't know how often that happens) but that is a ballerina in their doll line. I believe that blue box is the one mine came in BUT I never saw the doll in the box, I just believe it is. This is here, though blurry, so you know the box color or generally the font type. Help!!

Thank God I have pictures because I was working off memory before and this really helps.

The same company makes this doll (though this is from a later time, I believe:)

Thanks! Glory to God!!
« Last Edit: Tuesday 01 October 2019, 10:48 pm by chelsmith18 »
"You think you know a story, but you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of a story, you have to go back to the beginning."

Offline mouse

Re: Dance With Me Doll
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 August 2011, 02:00 am »
I had a doll that was about me sized when I was little that was supposed to 'walk' along with you. I didn't attach it with elastic to me feet - the whole thing was hard plastic and you held it's hand it walked with you (it was pretty crap at walking!).

Did yours attach to your feet and was it soft bodied like the doll pictured?

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
Re: Dance With Me Doll
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 August 2011, 02:06 am »
I had a doll that was about me sized when I was little that was supposed to 'walk' along with you. I didn't attach it with elastic to me feet - the whole thing was hard plastic and you held it's hand it walked with you (it was pretty crap at walking!).

Did yours attach to your feet and was it soft bodied like the doll pictured?

It didn't attach to my feet and was VERY soft body. It had sneakers that came attached to the doll. The face was rubbery but I don't recall it's features. It did have blond hair though.
"You think you know a story, but you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of a story, you have to go back to the beginning."

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
Re: Dance With Dancie [Updated post with new pictures]
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 August 2011, 08:03 pm »
bump  :-\

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
Re: Dance With Dancie [Updated post with new pictures] Dancie Doll
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 20 August 2011, 08:41 pm »
Another 1??

Stretch and Grow Dancie
Toy Manufacturer:
Price: $24.99

Description Slip shoe straps over your toes and dance together. Hands have clasp for piggy-back rides. Grows from 26" to 34". Face changes from sleeping face to smiling face.

Stretch and Grow Dancie
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 20 August 2011, 09:03 pm »
Not to throw anyone off but THAT ONE comes closer to them than them all. I saw the description and was suddenly having new flashbacks:

Description Slip shoe straps over your toes and dance together. Hands have clasp for piggy-back rides. Grows from 26" to 34". Face changes from sleeping face to smiling face.

P.S. The same website just led to the discovery of another old toy I MUST have, unrelated to this, called the Super Jennie Gymnast Doll. I bolded those words which brought back flash backs, I did indeed put this thing on my back and clasp her hands. Also, if you match it with the photos I posted, the face is extremely similar. So now, we are indeed GETTING closer to finding out where this doll is, and her real name.
« Last Edit: Saturday 20 August 2011, 09:05 pm by chelsmith18 »

Offline ecpblue

• Precious Places
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 20 August 2011, 09:09 pm »
I'm glad we are at least getting closer, and here I thought i might be going the wrong direction b/c the face was so different lol.  I know this may be a silly question but were the clothes yours had on original to her or something you may have dressed her in?  I feel like that 1 was maybe an original and the other ones were newer versions??

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 August 2011, 09:17 pm »
I'm glad we are at least getting closer, and here I thought i might be going the wrong direction b/c the face was so different lol.  I know this may be a silly question but were the clothes yours had on original to her or something you may have dressed her in?  I feel like that 1 was maybe an original and the other ones were newer versions??

That was right out of it's package on Christmas morning. Those are her original clothes from head to toe. The ones I've found so far are newer versions like those ballet dolls in my first post. The doll could not have been manufactured anytime after 1993 or 1994 (New Year) because that was the time it was opened. 1993. Hope that helps.

Yes, she did piggy back and her hands did clasp. Her body was soft. The only thing I don't remember clearly was a changing face from sleeping to smiling...clearly. But it seems like the right doll, now we just gotta find the one with her name and clothes.

they were those sweat clothes with a skirt and white shoes. Definitely purple (I know how pictures make clothes look in regards to color) and blonde hair.

Offline ecpblue

• Precious Places
« Last Edit: Saturday 20 August 2011, 09:28 pm by ecpblue »

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 August 2011, 09:38 pm »
I think you are getting close indeed!! This doll, and thank you for sharing, did not play any music and of course, from the pictures, the doll's face was one sided and not two. Just blonde pig tails.

Very close to this doll. Once again, the manufacturer, without a doubt, was Constructive Playthings. And they don't list anything about the doll on their website, the ballerina aside, I tried.

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 20 August 2011, 09:54 pm »
If they have contact info, maybe email them? I know people here have had luck in the past with some of the more obscure dolls made by other companies.
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 20 August 2011, 10:33 pm »
If they have contact info, maybe email them? I know people here have had luck in the past with some of the more obscure dolls made by other companies.

I don't think they know anything about it. ?Just selling it.

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 20 August 2011, 10:34 pm »
I have emailed constructive playthings days ago but no response

anything