Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Various - see post!] Unidentified mermaids  (Read 33950 times)

vanillascoop

Re: Unidentified mermaids+Added another to the list!
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 24 March 2010, 11:31 am »
These mermaids are actually something I have been wondering about too.  I have pictures of the ones I have below, and you'll notice how the head mold changes from the one with earrings to one without, which shares the same head mold as the girls in dresses that I've also posted.  I don't know where any of them came from or how they are related, but I would love to.

I used to have quite a few of these. I think they were all given away when we moved house when I was about 11, but I found the blue one with the curly hair a year or so ago in my attic. I sold her recently though. If anyone can find the make of these I'd love to know :) I'd like to see if I can start collecting them again, I remember there were quite a few.

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 24 March 2010, 09:23 pm »
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline pikapal

« Reply #17 on: Thursday 25 March 2010, 04:30 am »
I had that exact same blond/sitting one you are talking about I think! I want to find her again one day too. I believe she's a version of this mermaid: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pretty-Mermaid-Doll-Pink-Hair_W0QQitemZ230450793583QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a7f00c6f

It's so fun to hear about everyone's mermaids! :D

I have that same mermaid doll! Mine is a blond though. I'll post a picture of her soon. I've seen those being sold as recently as 2004 or 2005. I got mine at a dollar store circa 1992 or 1993. It was one of the decorations for my mermaid themed birthday party.

I have the Tyco Ariel doll play set and all my mermaids lived there.

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 March 2010, 08:16 am »
I had the Mermaid Island figures. I want to collect them again. I remember them being at ZCMI. I don't remember ever having the island. Maybe we thought it was just part of the packaging and threw it away. A set of them just sold on ebay but I have to save my money for some really expensive purchases I made. I also had two Sea Wee's that came from a thrift store and yard sale. Sorry, I'm sure my flickr wasn't much help EricaVee. I don't have many 90's mermaids. I have a ton of Ariel dolls and figures and stuff I still need to upload, but I've used up all of my upload space until the 1st. ugh. That is so annoying. Maybe I'll start uploading everything to photobucket.

Pikapal, what is the Tyco play set you are talking about?

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 March 2010, 07:41 pm »
I've been digging through my images files and here are a few I've saved off of eBay in the past and uploaded to photobucket:

I'll look and see if I have anymore. The ones that match yours are a bit hard to read, but I'm pretty sure they're Multi Toy Corps. (That's probably the search I was doing where they randomly popped up awhile back and I saved the pic because they looked cool!) The one with the babies is Tara Toys.

So, another MTC toy. Just like our beloved Little Beauties. Funny how this brand had so many beloved toys! :)
« Last Edit: Thursday 25 March 2010, 07:47 pm by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #20 on: Thursday 25 March 2010, 08:30 pm »
oh wow! Thanks a lot for the pictures! I don't remember mine coming in separate packages. And I definitely remember seeing them packaged together at Toys R Us. I absolutely love those photos though! I wish their name was something more distinctive though. Mermaid dolls simply named mermaids might be harder to find.

Offline pikapal

« Reply #21 on: Friday 26 March 2010, 08:16 am »
I definitely remember the mermaid with the blue tail and the crown, and the one with the pink tail next to her were on the plastic bag. Also the one with diving with the orange fin was on there too.

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #22 on: Friday 26 March 2010, 09:19 am »
So then the first one and these "Pretty Poseables" were probably from the same company? I was actually thinking that the first one's head looked like it might be the same as the earringed pretty poseables. Now I'm pretty sure it is.

Offline zap18

« Reply #23 on: Sunday 28 March 2010, 12:06 am »
Wow!  I just figured out that the doll that I posted with the same head mold but not a mermaid was MTC, and now Zuse has confirmed that the mermaids are as well!

Great... our beloved little dogs that are like the Little Beauties are probably called "Dogs" if this "Mermaids" line is any indication, lol.

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #24 on: Thursday 08 April 2010, 01:37 pm »
We can add another style to the MTC Mermaids group!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/redreplicant/4461526330/
These are all so much fun! I hope I can actually collect some!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 08 April 2010, 06:04 pm »
Wow, good find! And congrats! :)
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #26 on: Thursday 08 April 2010, 06:12 pm »
Great... our beloved little dogs that are like the Little Beauties are probably called "Dogs" if this "Mermaids" line is any indication, lol.

Heh! I remember them having names (Trixie the Terrier?), so I think they probably put a little more effort into naming the line.

Offline pikapal

« Reply #27 on: Thursday 08 April 2010, 10:12 pm »

Pikapal, what is the Tyco play set you are talking about?

Oops sorry I forgot to reply to this part of the post. the tyco play set I'm talking about is Ariel's Undersea Hideaway

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #28 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 09:44 am »
hmm.. Iunno what that is. Sounds neat though.

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #29 on: Sunday 18 April 2010, 10:11 pm »
Found another pic of one of those MT mermaids. Scroll halfway down:
http://texaswatertowers.com/kayandlyn/miscellaneousdolls.html

The caption says she is dated 1991.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken