Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Various - see post!] Unidentified mermaids  (Read 33946 times)

Offline BattySparkles

Re: Unidentified mermaids+Added another to the list!
« Reply #45 on: Monday 17 May 2010, 02:48 am »
Thanks a bunch zuse. Would you like me to add any kind of link or something when I give you credit for the images?

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #46 on: Monday 17 May 2010, 03:04 am »
Haha, don't worry about it. I'm guilty of "borrowing" pictures so it would be a bit hypocritical of me, heh.
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline LeahLPS

« Reply #47 on: Monday 17 May 2010, 03:57 am »
Zuse ~ The manufacturer is "The Toy Group Inc." and the name of the line seems to simply be "Saban's Adventures of The Little Mermaid"...copyright is 1991 Saban International N.V., Saban Entertainment Inc.  There's also a sticker on the back of the packaging saying they were distributed by F. W. Woolworth Co.

Batty ~ Yeah, sure you can use my photo if you'd like. :) The back of the packaging shows an image of each of the 4 figures in the line (these 3, and then the Marina sitting on a rock figure that Zuse has).  I actually found these not too long ago at a local yard sale with a few other carded Disney Little Mermaid figures.  I liked the artwork on the packaging, but I didn't know much about the series having never seen the show.  I really only picked them up with the intent to trade or sell them, so I don't really have any personal attachment to them.  My only difficulty in parting with them is that I've not been able to find much information on them to help me come up with pricing, so they're still just sitting around here for now (like all the other things I've picked up with the intention to sell yet never have, lol).

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #48 on: Monday 17 May 2010, 04:02 am »
Well, I got mine at the dollar store. Apparently they didn't sell too well were I was living. Not that that helps with pricing, hehe.
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #49 on: Monday 17 May 2010, 04:41 am »
Intention to sell!? ME ME!! Choose me! ohmygash! ME!

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #50 on: Monday 17 May 2010, 11:50 am »
oh! And you also said trade. So.. what kind of things would you trade them for? I have quite a bit of Disney mermaid stuff if you are interested in her.. Should I be taking this to a PM instead of posting on here?
And if zuse or anyone else is interested in seeing some more Saban's Adventures of the Little Mermaid items, I have managed to snag a few things and have them up on my Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/battycollector/sets/72157623924699822/
« Last Edit: Monday 17 May 2010, 11:56 am by BattySparkles »

Offline LeahLPS

Re: Unidentified mermaids - One still needs identified!
« Reply #51 on: Monday 17 May 2010, 09:34 pm »
Hi Batty!  I'll go ahead and send you a PM here pretty soon.

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 22 June 2010, 01:45 pm »
By the way, thought I'd go ahead and show you all more of the MT Mermaids! I spotted one in a photo on flickr and asked the poster if she'd upload more images. Turns out she has a few of them. She said she might consider selling them to me, but hasn't replied in quite some time now, so I dunno where that stands, but they are such fun mermaids! here they are:

As you can see, the above mermaid shares the same body as the one I have, but different head mold and hair style. I really don't think they paid much attention to which heads went on which bodies.

And also! I came across one of the Barbie sized ones on ebay and forgot to bid. (ugh! I've been doing that so much lately!)
The winner won her for a mere 99 cents too. It was only a terrible photo, but here she is:

Before I wasn't too interested in these larger ones and I'm still not as interested in them as I am in the smaller ones, but now I do really like them and I would love to have at least one! DX
Their tails are lacking in fabric choice and fin design, but those ruffle things around their shoulders are pretty neat.

Anyway, I'm still on the lookout for these so lemme know if you spot any! ^-^

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 06 July 2010, 05:35 am »
Small update on original post! Hooray!

Offline pikapal

« Reply #54 on: Thursday 15 July 2010, 03:12 am »
I think I found a picture of the shampoo bottle with the mermaid inside it. It's from a magazine from 1999.

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #55 on: Thursday 15 July 2010, 03:17 am »
Oooh, great find pikapal!

That quiz is hysterical. ;D

You can buy this shampoo here, apparently! And they have a nice big picture of it. You can see clearly that it's the right mermaid!
http://www.spiralhaircase.com/Sea-Critters-Gentle-Mermaid-Shampoo

« Last Edit: Thursday 15 July 2010, 04:01 am by EricaVee »
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #56 on: Thursday 15 July 2010, 12:03 pm »
Awesome! They've all been ID'd now! :D Thank you all so much! Now I want the one shown in the magazine! She looks like an alien mermaid! ha!

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 15 July 2010, 10:59 pm »
I've scanned over and over this post but can't find the name of the second mermaid you want identified (with the gold tail). She's not a MTC "Mermaids" as they all have moveable arms and tails. What series is she from so I can update the post and move it on?  :)
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #58 on: Friday 16 July 2010, 11:55 am »
I've scanned over and over this post but can't find the name of the second mermaid you want identified (with the gold tail). She's not a MTC "Mermaids" as they all have moveable arms and tails. What series is she from so I can update the post and move it on?  :)

Ah. Well I guess we don't have 100% solid proof yet. But someone did say that they got the same mermaid in a little baggie with the same artwork from the other "Mermaids" items. And she has the same head mold as some of the "pretty poseables" and is marked with MT

Offline Rainypuff

« Reply #59 on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 06:26 pm »
Zap18: I definitely had the second mermaid in the first picture -- the blonde one with a pink tail. My sister had a different one too, but I don't remember which one.
I also have the same mermaid holding the ball as you do. She came in a bottle of shampoo.

anything
anything