Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Need help w/brushes, combs, bottles, clips, and more  (Read 8231 times)

Offline MyLittlePhoenix

Need help w/brushes, combs, bottles, clips, and more
« on: Monday 12 September 2011, 05:29 pm »
Hi! I have a lot of random, unidentified junk acquired through thrift store grab bags and such, and I need some help identifying them. :)

Some brushes and combs. #6 is pretty small, and looks like it's meant to fit over the hand of a doll like Barbie.

I *think* these are little dresses for the Princess of the Flowers dolls. Any PotF experts out there?

These are little plastic baby accessories -- a dolly, two rattles, and a rubber duck. They are oddly flat, in case it doesn't come across in the picture. I think they are relatively new -- last 10 years, maybe -- but not sure what toy they go to. Maybe Kelly?

These little plastic bottles seem really familiar, and I think they went to a Barbie set, but I'm clueless as to which one. I thought it was the perfume counter furniture set, but the bottles aren't the same.

Pretty small brushes -- maybe Barbie? They seem like they are from the late '70s or '80s.

I found these flower brushes and mistakenly bought them, thinking they were MLP. Of course, when I examined them closely, I realized my mistake. :( They are made of cheap, but firm plastic. I looked at all the obvious candidates (Rose Petal, Peppermint Rose, etc.) and no match.

I thought this was a Tea Bunny hat at first, but it's not quite big enough and the ears don't fit. The front of the hat has little ice cream cones, so that could be a clue.

A little pile of stuff I thought was MLP! In case they are hard to see, here's what's there: a little red nylon bootie, three pink hard plastic bunny slippers (maybe G3 MLP? I don't know those very well), and a hard plastic blue visor. Ignore the green slipper under the big X -- I couldn't identify it as MLP when I took the pic, but I finally found what set it belonged to after that.  ;D

Some small hair clips, maybe for a little girl and not for toys, but they remind me of ones dolls would come with when I was a kid so I figured it was worth checking.

Now, this one is really driving me crazy! Two separate bags, months apart, I found one of these little flower baby bottles. No markings. Hard plastic, no drinking function. They're small, around 2.5 inches high.

I have a lot more, but it's too much to do all at once, so I'll be back posting more soon. Thanks a lot for any help!

Offline puffypoogle

Re: Need help w/brushes, combs, bottles, clips, and more
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 September 2011, 01:00 am »
5. Is a Perfume Pretty Barbie comb  http://www.amazon.com/Perfume-Pretty-Barbie-Doll-Mattel/dp/B0011XKI3Y

Plastic Baby accessories Barbies Krissy maybe?

Offline mouse

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 September 2011, 02:00 am »
The rabbit slippers are from G3 my little pony

Nope the hats not tea bunnies.

The mattel baby accessories - I think they're generic to a lot of sets that include a baby. An example I know of is babysitting skipper came with some of them.

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 September 2011, 02:30 am »
The flower baby bottle looks like it belongs to Little League from the keypers toy line .

Offline pikapal

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 13 September 2011, 03:05 am »
picture 1 #8 is a generic doll comb. I think it comes with a generic doll grooming set.

#14 is a generic Barbie knockoff brush

Offline MyLittlePhoenix

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 13 September 2011, 11:57 am »
Thank you so much for all the help so far, everyone! ;D I'll dig out some more stuff that needs to be IDed and post those soon.

The flower baby bottle looks like it belongs to Little League from the keypers toy line .

Wow, that is just about the last thing in the whole world I would have guessed, but you're right! I like Keypers, but it wasn't until I found this site that I even knew they made so many different animals -- I've only ever found multiples of the snail, turtle, and ladybug, oddly enough. The bags I bought with the flower bottles had nothing else Keypers. :(

Offline Ianua

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 13 September 2011, 11:40 pm »
We've identified the bottle in the past poke and little legue baby keepers came with them :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 14 September 2011, 12:18 am »
i CAN CONFIRM  the red nylon boot is a boot from the mommy and baby pony wear set that was a raincoat set i have the set and your boot matches mine!  ;D

Offline puffypoogle

« Reply #8 on: Friday 16 September 2011, 05:14 pm »
I can remember having the Heart Family nursery(came with high chair and changing table and other furniture)  and having the doll and the ducky (Mattel Barbie friend line).  It might be heart family since their seems to be two rattles and they have twins in the line.  But it could be any small barbie baby made by mattel. 

Offline pirateparakeet

« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 September 2011, 08:39 pm »
brush #2 in the first pic is Starsong's from the McDonalds MLP set. The third set to be exact (there are 5 so far since 2004).

the two rose brushes are fake MLP. they use them both nowadays and in the 80's so there are a lot of them going around.

if the pink shiny skirt is folded in half it is MLP G3. the bunny slippers definitely ARE G3.
Always looking for my little ponies!

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 March 2012, 01:47 am »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-HTF-1994-Babysitter-SKIPPER-3-Babies-TRIPLETS-Hold-on-for-Hugs-Mint-NRFB-/140710132578?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c2fa3b62 - back of the box does indeed have a picture of some of the baby accessories :D

#7 is a Lil Miss or Wee Lil Miss brush.

Offline Skyhorse82

« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 March 2012, 07:12 am »
All the rose brushes are from fake ponies, most likely BuddyL ponies, (mine came with a white rose brush, she made neighing or galloping sounds when a button was pressed on her stomach) but I have seen them with other fakie brands as well :)

If you come across a small arched comb, with heart-detail on it, that goes with the rose brush.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

« Reply #12 on: Thursday 29 March 2012, 08:43 am »
It may be worth noting that while the rose brushes are definitely from a very old mold that MLP fakies have been using since the '80s, the purple one seems to be the most common. It's the color that's being made today, and you can find it in pony sets by Gigo.

I recognize two of those little skirts. The blue one and the little white tutu both look very familiar to me... if you put the tutu underneath the blue one, does it look like it would fit? Maybe my memory is just playing games with me, but it seems like they came from the same doll. That blue skirt was definitely part of it. I don't think it's Princess of the Flower, though I did have one so it could very well be. (I had the orange flower, if that helps.) I do remember it being a tiny little fairy-like doll though, but I want to say it was something other than POTF.

Calling all teddy experts! Please help me find my Cuddle Bear!