Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: barbie sized kitchen and tables and chairs  (Read 10569 times)

Offline mylittleponylover

barbie sized kitchen and tables and chairs
« on: Friday 07 October 2011, 12:31 pm »
I had this in the 80s. It was a little kitchen with a sink, plate rack, freezer and the main thing I remember is that the table was round but made up of four quarters you pushed together. The chairs folded out. The table had impressions where you put the plates knives and forks. It was mainly blue and red plastic and came with four plates and a set of knives forks and possibly spoons for each setting, also I think there were mugs. I think the sink may have actually worked because I remember putting water in it. I have a vauge feeling it may have been made by bluebird but I might be totally wrong. It wasnt made by hasbro or mattel because it wasnt officially for barbie or sindy but it was about the right size.

I love this and played with it so much, I really wish I knew what it was. Hope someone out there can help me.

Offline marialuisa_mt

• Los Barriguitas de Famosa
Re: barbie sized kitchen and tables and chairs
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 October 2011, 09:07 pm »
Hi! Is this the kitchen you are looking for???

This is from my childhood. I live in Venezuela and here it was called "la cocina americana", which is spanish for "the american kitchen". It has no markings at all and I don't have the original box, but I guess this was a sears blue box item (we used to have sears here at Venezuela on the 80's too)
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 October 2011, 12:31 am »
Yes!! thats very very similar, mine was different colours but basically the same, I remember the chicken now too! Wow....it brings back memories seeing that. Im going to see if it was in sears.

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 03:27 am »
(http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php/topic,209.0.html)

I know this because I just solved this for myself! :) There were American versions. Mine was from Toys 'R' Us. (See orange price sticker). However, it had a simple name written in the same pink font as the other box (but without the Bankuka or Sonho de Menina line written on it). They are by Brinquedos Bandeirante (Bandeirante Toys). It's a Brazilian company. I would never have figured that out if it wasn't for a lucky entry on my eBay alerts that was about a completely different toy that had popped up in a large Barbie lot!

The chairs from your table set look like they collapse just like my ironing board did!

I haven't seen the rotisserie chicken with any of these, though...?
« Last Edit: Monday 14 November 2011, 02:30 pm by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 01:43 pm »
those all look very similar but the colours are different. The table looks almost identical, but mine had the rotissary chicken/sink and the little clock...maybe the one I have is just rebranded and made by a different company?

« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 01:48 pm »
thankyou very much for posting these though, thats a very lucky find! Ill look out for Brinquedos Bandeirante on ebay. Im sure mine was basically the same thing...Im going to have to find mine out and take photos...its packed away at my parents house so Ill have to persuade them to go and find them out.

Offline zuse

« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 02:32 pm »
I would definitely love to see it! Maybe we can figure out more about these toys. I've got to say, I always loved my little washing machine and ironing cupboard combo set so much. I think it had way more character than my Pink Sparkly Barbie Kitchen!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

« Reply #7 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 04:08 pm »
I do have fond memories of playing with this, more than any of my barbie kitchens. I loved putting the table corners on the end of the kitchen units like in this picture

with mine there was a plate rack and I used to like pretending to wash up the plates and put them away, or set the table.
Im sure there was a fridge and a cooker and I loved folding the chairs.

Ill deffinatly take some pictures when I get it.

Offline zuse

« Reply #8 on: Saturday 19 November 2011, 04:43 am »
That's cool!

I'm trying to figure out if this piece on the right is supposed to be a dishwasher?

« Last Edit: Saturday 19 November 2011, 08:28 am by zuse »

Offline Puppenmami

« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 December 2011, 01:13 pm »
Hi there - I grew up in Germany and moved to Namibia 7 years ago - so all my beloved toys are not with me any more  :'( - but when I saw this kitchen I really got sentimental - my sister also had one like that - the colours were manly blue, red and yellow but the set up was exactly the same - complete with chicken! And we also used it as Barbie's kitchen - it was just perfect. I think it's amazing to get the same toys all over the world!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 December 2011, 12:46 am »
wow those are some nice sets to bad i missed them as a kid they look very fun to play with.

Offline zuse

« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 December 2011, 12:59 am »
Ooh, another like the one you guys are talking about:

http://www.retrotoys.com.ve/productos/LA-COCINA-AMERICANA/3331/

Offline marialuisa_mt

• Los Barriguitas de Famosa
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 December 2011, 06:16 am »
Ohhh! That vintage toys selling page, retrotoys, is from my country, Venezuela! The owners are good friends of mine and I actually helped them identifying the kitchen from the picture you posted!
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 January 2013, 02:07 pm »

Here's a picture I found of my version I had when I was younger, it was made of plastic and I live in the UK, did anyone else have this or know what it was called?
« Last Edit: Tuesday 08 January 2013, 02:12 pm by mylittleponylover »

Offline TheMinorityof1990

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 15 January 2013, 09:50 am »
They look very fisher price ish to me.

anything