Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Horrible Histories  (Read 5298 times)

Offline mouse

Horrible Histories
« on: Monday 17 October 2011, 02:11 am »
Did anyone enjoy these when they were younger? We've just started having the TV show on our screens this year and I remembered reading one of these books.

As far as historical accuracy goes they're not super duper accurate but if a kid becomes engaged by history then they'll find that out when they start looking at other sources but most sources for kids aren't 100% accurate anyway.

Has anyone else watched the TV show? Obviously it's pretty juvenile(!) but being a bit of a pop culture freak I love how they've done different segments based on popular TV shows and the song and dance routines are really fun.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

Re: Horrible Histories
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 October 2011, 02:40 am »
yes i do we had the vicious vikings book in my school i liked them.  All i can say it that they were a people you did not want to make angry.

Offline Elby

Re: Horrible Histories
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 March 2012, 08:39 pm »
I borrowed the majority of Horrible History books from my local library, although I remember by brother did have The Vile Victorians book.

The best thing about the TV series are the songs, whoever writes those are brilliant! Most of these songs can be found on YouTube. The 'English Kings and Queens Song' is one of my favourites.
Keypers, 90s Puppy in my Pocket and Soft Toy enthusiast in the UK.

anything