Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Baby Disney 1992 Globe Cake Topper. EDIT: I found a new lead, thanks ZUSE!  (Read 12604 times)

Offline chelsmith18

• I Love God! Jesus is the Lord N Savior of my Life!
    • My Twitter
Here's a hard one. I'm almost wondering if it can be done. Glory to God! I'm looking for the water globe cake toppers on this cake. The year this was taken was in 1992. For my third birthday. I know this is blurry but the picture itself was blurry as well. It's sort of a dream of mine to find this again so any help could be appreciated.

I'm just looking for the globe sticks, filled with water. mickey [he is not baby mickey] (yellow globe) and an unidentified blurry character in the red stick. Mickey has a red bow tie, and a blue jacket from what I can tell. The other character is wearing red in the front and black in the back. The stick with the yellow globe also appears to have stripes making downward arrows going all the way down. Please help!!

EDIT: I THINK THE RED GLOBE CHARACTER MAY BE DRESSED ALOT LIKE THE FIGURINE SEEN HERE: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MOUSE-PVC-FIGURE-3-Tall-Cake-Topper-Disney-/120800073987 pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c203ed903#ht_500wt_1202

EDIT: one toy found, Thanks Zuse! Glory to God!!

1. Mickey Mouse, and little friend topper: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Mickey-Mouse-Figurine-Phone-2-Inches-High-Applause-/180730947987?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a14676993#ht_727wt_952

2. Disney Applause Minnie Band Leader PVC Figure: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Applause-Minnie-Band-Leader-PVC-Figure-/321035706086?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abf381ee6

I was confused at first because my eyes were tricky and I thouht something was in front of her ear, but it's really just a space between her ear and the black arm, a space looking down on the cake.

3. Walt Disney's-Mickey MouseMinnie w/Balloons Character Birthday Candle*VINTAGE http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walt-Disneys-Mickey-MouseMinnie-w-Balloons-Character-Birthday-Candle-VINTAGE-/251247683439?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7f87676f

Still searching for:

4. Both snow globes.
« Last Edit: Friday 05 April 2013, 09:23 pm by chelsmith18 »
"You think you know a story, but you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of a story, you have to go back to the beginning."

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Baby Disney 1992 Globe Cake Topper. HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 October 2011, 02:12 am »
I think those decorations are probably pencil toppers on pencils/pens? Seems like I had something like those (not Disney) back in the day.

(My mom used to improvise my cake decorations - I had one cake with my little people and their swing set sitting on top).
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 October 2011, 06:55 am »
Thanks! God Bless!!
"You think you know a story, but you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of a story, you have to go back to the beginning."

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 October 2011, 07:18 am »
I think those decorations are probably pencil toppers on pencils/pens? Seems like I had something like those (not Disney) back in the day.

(My mom used to improvise my cake decorations - I had one cake with my little people and their swing set sitting on top).

Could you see if you can find the ones YOU used to have? It may give an idea of what I'm looking for here. If you wish, please. Thanks!!

Offline zuse

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 October 2011, 03:57 pm »
No, those are long long gone. I don't know if they were shaped the same, but it was just a snowglobe with a figure inside that mounted on a pencil. It was probably a snowman inside or something, but same concept.

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zuse

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 October 2011, 04:01 pm »
Found a few pictures of some video game and cartoon themed ones. The Mario one is marked Applause 1989, apparently. Link is also. I assume the Ghostbusters cartoon ones were too. Based on the subjects of these I've seen, they were out in the late 80s or the early 90s. Probably available in the party favor aisle or somewhere, which is how they wound up on your cake.

« Last Edit: Thursday 27 October 2011, 06:31 pm by zuse »

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 27 October 2011, 06:59 pm »
Zuse- once again amazing!!  I actually searched for this for about an hour while I was watching tv and couldn't find anything!!  I'm impressed!  :-)
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: Friday 28 October 2011, 06:11 pm »
thanks guys so much for your help!! I've still been searching. So if anything comes up with anyone looking let me know -_- wish I has more of a lead here. Glory to God!!

I have found something VERY  close like this, from the company Tomy whi makes some Disney products:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-WINNIE-POOH-CAKE-TOPPER-POOH-SITTING-LOG-/130519547869

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130550221204+#ht_830wt_905
« Last Edit: Thursday 03 November 2011, 11:27 am by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline zuse

« Reply #8 on: Saturday 29 October 2011, 08:25 pm »
But those aren't snowglobes/waterglobes.

I'm going to say that Applause had a license to produce a bunch of the characters this time period as decorative pencils. If you look, there is a Baby Mickey line of toys by Applause from about this time period.

Offline catlover51

« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 October 2011, 11:36 pm »
I have pencils and the toppers for Marvin the Martin, Tweety Bird and Scooby Doo. I'm pretty sure I have a few more but those are the only ones I remember.
If you are just looking for tiny snow domes that weren't pencil toppers there was a set from Arby's Cindy Bear, Snagglepuss and Yogi Bear.
There were also several that were tiny domes that weren't pencil toppers without snow. I have some Disney ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arbys-1996-Yogi-Bear-Friends-Snow-Domes-Set-3-MIP-/250795293266?pt=Fast_Food_Cereal_Premiums&hash=item3a64907a52
« Last Edit: Thursday 03 November 2011, 11:28 am by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline zuse

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 October 2011, 12:01 am »
Are yours Applause brand?

Offline catlover51

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 30 October 2011, 05:47 pm »
The pencils say 'Made in Thailand' and the domes say 'Made in China'. So don't know. Sorry

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 November 2011, 10:12 pm »
Are yours Applause brand?

I'm not sure but I can check.

EDIT: THANKS ZUSE!!! ONE of the Cake toppers have been identified. As APPLAUSE BRAND. Still searching for the others so please don't move this to the "ID'ed" forum yet!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Mickey-Mouse-Figurine-Phone-2-Inches-High-Applause-/180730947987?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a14676993#ht_727wt_952
« Last Edit: Thursday 10 November 2011, 10:21 pm by chelsmith18 »

Offline Mysstica

Re: Baby Disney 1992 Globe Cake Topper. EDIT: I found a new lead, thanks ZUSE!
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 10 November 2011, 10:44 pm »
I could be wrong, but every time I see this picture, I think that the Mickey in the bubble looks like he's dressed like Santa/in Christmas clothes. If he actually is, it could help in your search. :)

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
Re: Baby Disney 1992 Globe Cake Topper. EDIT: I found a new lead, thanks ZUSE!
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 10 November 2011, 11:27 pm »
I could be wrong, but every time I see this picture, I think that the Mickey in the bubble looks like he's dressed like Santa/in Christmas clothes. If he actually is, it could help in your search. :)

Thanks, I'd like to consider that! and keep looking. God Bless!!! In Jesus Name, Amen!

anything