Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Flea Market "Finds"  (Read 8366 times)

Offline Mysstica

Flea Market "Finds"
« on: Sunday 06 November 2011, 09:39 pm »
Mattel Inc. 1998

Mattel Inc. 1987 (One or both of my kids ripped her head off.)
ID: Teen Time Skipper wearing Fun Time Barbie's clothing

Mattel Inc. 1976 (Taiwan) ID: 1986 The Heart Family Kiss & Cuddle
Mattel Inc. 1976 (Indonesia) ID: 1995 Teacher Barbie student

Barbie cat ID: Barbie mini B. #4
« Last Edit: Saturday 11 August 2012, 10:17 am by Mysstica »

Offline pikapal

Re: Flea Market "Finds"
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 November 2011, 12:39 am »
It looks like Skipper is wearing a Fun Time Barbie outfit.

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 November 2011, 12:51 am »
I believe the 2 babies are from the original Heart Family, I KNOW the one on the left is and I am about 90% sure the one on the right is as well

not the best picture but shows you both- you said the ones in your pic were from 1976 but I know they were made for many years in the 70s and 80s (I have the same brunette one that I got in the early 80s:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1988-Mattel-Heart-Family-Sunshine-Fun-Pals-Water-Set-Dolls-MIB-/370556304567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5646e07cb7

Here is mine, top row, 5th in from the right, her twin brother is in the same row on the end (not sure why I put him in her dress :-) I did that when I was younger and just now noticed it lol)`

« Last Edit: Monday 07 November 2011, 12:55 am by ecpblue »
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 November 2011, 01:04 am »
Or they might be Rosebud doll or something. I don't really know how you tell the difference between those and the Heart Family dolls.
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 November 2011, 02:33 am »
Thanks, guys!

Skipper was, indeed, wearing a Fun Time Barbie outfit. Thanks a ton; I never would have figured that out! (Now I'm wondering which Skipper she is.)

Wow, I had never heard of Heart Family or Rosebud, and I guess that they could be either! Maybe I got one of both. Like I said, one is marked Taiwan and one is marked Indonesia. The blonde seems to have a much better quality of hair. Their skin is a different color, and the curly-haired one seems to be made of a much cheaper plastic. But the molds are the same, right down to the hand positions. :)

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 November 2011, 02:58 am »
Alright, I THINK that Skipper is the Teen Time Skipper. :D

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 November 2011, 04:54 am »
you know it is kind of funny, I think there are only 3 barbie sets that I can actually id and heart family just happened to be one of them lol.  I always feel useless with the barbie questions- we never had very many b/c my mom didn't like them!
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #7 on: Friday 17 February 2012, 12:34 am »
Bump

Offline Foxtale

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 February 2012, 03:02 am »
The chubby blonde baby on the right (with the hair down, light blonde) is from Teacher Barbie from the mid-90s. I have the exact same one. Do a image search of teacher barbie and you'll see mib versions of her.

The chubby baby on the left (darker blond hair up)looks like a Heart Family doll. Mattel re-released a modified version of the Heart Family kids as the kids that came with Teacher Barbie, if I am not mistaken. When I was younger I always thought those kids were strange considering Kelly dolls. :P

The skipper looks familiar but I can't tell you the exact one, good luck with the rest of your searches.

(Edit to correct rights and lefts :P)

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 February 2012, 04:49 pm »
Score! Looks like you're right about the teacher doll. It looks like she's the one from the recalled edition, though. (They were recalled because the teacher wasn't wearing panties. Weirdest recall ever. :P ) I could be wrong, but it looks like in the ones that were sold after that, the blonde girl's face looks different, and her eyes look like they're a different color. :P

Offline Foxtale

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 February 2012, 12:37 am »
I forgot that the doll was recalled. I actually have a pantyless version of the doll.  :P I would have to find my doll but that face looks like the one I have as well so I can believe that you have one from the pantyless barbie.  ::) So funny. I remember a lot of barbies around that time had that silly molded pattern on their lower half. I guess they were trying to make her decent, but it was still skin colored. >.< The best is when they started to give ken molded undies. lol

Offline skippercollector

Taiwan and Indonesia
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 02:17 am »
The Rosebud dolls were made in Taiwan.  Mattel had a factory there from the late 60s to the late 70s.

Offline luckdragon

« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 03:44 am »
You're correct about Teacher Barbie.  I loved Heart Family dolls and bought Teacher Barbie just for the babies when I was younger.

I believe the baby on the left is from the Kiss n Cuddle Heart Family dolls.  I had the Kiss n Cuddle Heart Family dolls, and the hair color and curl look correct.

Look how cute!  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=330580493274&nma=true&rt=nc&si=uCxAzws%252F5KcfyQ1TLoqPJFkIixs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Offline MsTwilight

« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 04:44 am »

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #14 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 10:21 am »
Thanks so much, guys!

I was very interested to see how the Heart Family doll's hair was originally and what sort of clothing they had her wearing. (Those dolls are so "hip-py" it's hard to dress them!)

I never would have guessed that the little cat went with a little Barbie! (Furthermore, I had no idea that they'd made little Barbies! :P )

(Obviously I'm no expert, but I went and played around on ebay for just a few minutes, and it looks like there were only six or seven different Rosebud dolls, and none of them fit the hair color or style of the one on the left. If this information is wrong, please let me know! :D )
« Last Edit: Saturday 11 August 2012, 10:47 am by Mysstica »

anything
anything