Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Virtual Pets  (Read 21410 times)

Offline EdenEye

Virtual Pets
« on: Wednesday 24 March 2010, 07:16 am »
I think it would be cool if you made Categories for Digital Pets such as Nano, Tamagotchi and my favorite Giga Pets.

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Virtual Pets
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 July 2010, 02:37 am »
Is there a site about these anywhere? Sites about handheld games or something?
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline pikapal

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 July 2010, 08:58 am »
I found this site, but it hasn't been updated in a while.
http://www.virtualpet.com/vp/vpindex2.htm

Offline princess_lucy

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 July 2010, 02:22 pm »
I used to be obsessed with these, I had a Tamagotchi and a Giga Pet and then loads of random ones that I have no idea what they were lol one was orange and the pet was a T-Rex.

Offline Ianua

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 July 2010, 10:55 pm »
I'm not to fond of them  >:(

One time I was V V sick in hospital and I do mean completly bed ridden.

My friend got me one and it had all the love and care it could have wanted I literally couldn't leave my bed or the puppy, when he went off his cries were answered within the minute EVERY time and he STILL ran away.

He was a BAD puppy LOL  ;D

Offline pikapal

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 06:59 am »
Here is my virtual pet story. Back in the end 7th grade they were just coming out. This snobby girl who use to get the latest everything had a Tamagotchi. She had one, but she said she took it to a theme park and ignored the pet there and it died.

Later in 8th grade my friend got one on Black Friday. It was a cute panda one on a necklace. I was embarrassed that out of my whole group of friends I was the last one to get one. I didn't even care about the kind or quality of the pet.

Finally for the Christmas of 1997 I got a pet. A giga pet dog, but it was the one from KFC! I was so embarrassed because I knew that snobby girl was going to make fun of it. She made fun of everything I had. Of course she did especially the KFC logo on the case. After she did that I took off the logo on the case with nail polish remover. I ended up taking good care of my pet. It would always take a nap during math class. My pet lived for over 160 days! Then one day it just died (not due to neglect). That snobby girl was jealous that my pet lived that long. The funny thing was that a bunch of kids at school and my cousin use to ask me for virtual pet care advice.

Here is another mean thing that kids would do. Sometimes when the kids weren't watching their pets somebody would get a pen and press the reset button on them when they weren't looking.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 10:39 am by pikapal »

Offline mouse

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 08:34 am »
they got banned pretty quickly at my primary school. I don't think I ever had a Tamagotchi, just random re-makes. I remember there being an article about them and the lady who created them in the magazine (I think a magzine that comes in the newspaper with the TV guide in it - not a tabloid!). When the fad was extreme it was extreme. I bought another one not too long ago - tamagotchi v. 4 or 5. It was pretty sucky!

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 08:58 pm »
 I remember this craze they were everywhere but I never got into them.

Offline Ianua

« Reply #8 on: Thursday 22 July 2010, 12:55 pm »
Poor Pika .. the snobby girl sounds mean but perhaps she had her own problems .. what with being snobby and all :)
You made me feel better I just thought my puppy was really ungrateful :)
Also I clearly had the virtual pet for sensitive kids cos mine didn't die he ran away... he had a little bag tied to a stick and everything.

Offline EmBee

« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 July 2010, 06:48 pm »
I had a Compu Kitty Giga Pet, (it got dropped and lost one day in the front yard, and we later found it very well watered and dead - sad day)

Image from eBay user http://myworld.ebay.com/chickeneater/.

a Salem Giga Pet from Sabrina The Teenage Witch,

Image from eBay user http://myworld.ebay.com/chickeneater/.

a The Little Mermaid one from Disney World,
and a Tamagotchi one as well (snake?).

-Em
;)

Offline pikapal

« Reply #10 on: Friday 23 July 2010, 02:39 am »
Ianua that girl did have a lot of problems. My cousin also had a dog who would run away, and his giga pet micro pup.

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 July 2010, 03:28 am »
I was the 2nd person I knew that had a Tamagotchi, but the girl I knew that had one went to a different school. ;) So she doesn't count. My great-aunt was always on top of toy trends like that so I always got Furbys and things like that whether I wanted them or not!

These were the original US six. I think they had an actual keyring on them, not the flimsy little loop chain.

1. Transparent Turquoise
   2. Yellow with Orange Border and Buttons
   3. Purple with Pink Border and Buttons
   4. Bright Green with Yellow Border and Buttons
   5. Rodamine Red with Yellow Border and Buttons
   6. White with Blue Border and Buttons

http://www.tamenagerie.com/gen1.html

Another site about Tamagotchi: http://www.bookmice.net/fleur/tamcoll1.html

I had the white one with the blue trim. The girl I knew had the green one with yellow. I DESPERATELY wanted the Purple and pink one.

I went on to also own a Nano Baby, a Nano Puppy from the first generation of those:

And a Dinky Dino.

Towards the end of the craze I got an Octo-Pet from a cousin (it had a PANDA!):

And a Giga Pet Frog.

My sister had basically the same pets (Nano Kitty and Baby) except I got her a Tamagotchi for her birthday a bit later on when there were more colors available - I think that hers was transparent clear plastic?

I still want the Little Mermaid Giga Pet, haha.
« Last Edit: Friday 23 July 2010, 03:04 pm by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Ianua

« Reply #12 on: Friday 23 July 2010, 04:52 pm »
I think mine was just a cheap knock off one not any official company I still liked it though.
I also had a wierd one in a tube  think it was called an aqua pet ?!?! it was a plastic figure not an electronic pet though. My friend had one too that was patrick from spongebob he was sooo cool don't think they did much just jiggled around when you pressed buttons e.t.c :) anyone recall them ?

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #13 on: Saturday 24 July 2010, 02:08 am »
yes I remember Aqua pets, they are still around.
http://dlm1.meta.ua/pic/0/1/105/I4va4KIsRo.jpg?92627

Offline Ianua

« Reply #14 on: Saturday 24 July 2010, 11:11 pm »
Cool would love to get a patrick one I'll have to have a nose about xx