Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Virtual Pets  (Read 21411 times)

Offline Ianua

Re: Virtual Pets
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 24 July 2010, 11:12 pm »
They did others as well like evil aqua pets can't remember what they were called though will try and find out  :D

Offline princess_lucy

« Reply #16 on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 05:55 pm »

These were the original US six. I think they had an actual keyring on them, not the flimsy little loop chain.

I had the white one with the blue trim, it was a hand-me-down lol we couldn't find one ANYWHERE when they first came out and then my Aunty's friend gave one to her coz her kid didn't want theirs anymore. I was so excited lol! Mine grew into this weird thing that looked like an old man's head with these really long spider legs and it wouldn't die and creeped me out so I had to reset it. Fact.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #17 on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 10:54 pm »
i also know they made modern ones with a tube that had a plush in them called my mebas do not know how long it lasted

Offline flowersinherhair

« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 11:25 pm »
Oh, I loved these things! I had a pink and green Tamagotchi that I loved until it accidently got dunked in salt water and died forever. I kept the box and pamphlet for years, but decided to get rid of them one day - of course now I wish I still had them! A friend later gave me hers, in the same colors, but it's in pretty rough shape because I once tried to pry off the battery cover rather than finding a screwdriver (hey, I was still a kid!).

I also had a Nano Baby that a different friend gave to me, but I hated it because I was not a big fan of babies! Haha!

My favorite was the Dinky Dino - it had lots more choices than the Tamagotchi! Mine got stolen, though, and I hadn't even had it for very long. BUT, a couple years ago, I was in Chinatown in NYC, and I walked into a store that was selling vintage Dinky Dinos as new! Of course I bought one, in the same color as the one I had as a kid. So if you're ever in Chinatown, keep an eye out for vintage virtual pets!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #19 on: Monday 26 July 2010, 04:06 am »
Watch getting the Dinky Dinos in Chinatown. Someone is using the same casing and sometimes the same backcard but the innards are different usually. Sometimes it's a 89-in-1 pet or something... those later ones. I guess they're just using up the old parts or maybe reusing the mold. The multi-pet ones are knock-offs. So, be careful. You can see it on eBay. Those ones sell cheap in big bulk lots but a genuine Dinky Dino will sell as well as the vintage Nanos and Giga Pets. (They weren't as well known mainstream but I think were almost more popular for the reasons you said!)
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline flowersinherhair

« Reply #20 on: Monday 26 July 2010, 04:50 am »
The Dinky Dino I got in Chinatown was actual old stock - everything was exactly the same as the one I bought in 1998 (I played it, too!). But thank you for the warning! I didn't realize there were lots of cheap knock-offs of Dinky Dinos being sold in Chinatown, and I wouldn't want someone to get ripped off!

Offline pikapal

« Reply #21 on: Monday 26 July 2010, 07:39 am »
Here is a picture of the panda one my friend had.

This site has a bunch of Virtual pet pictures.
http://www.bookmice.net/fleur/othervpets.html

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #22 on: Monday 26 July 2010, 04:32 pm »
I have one of those "Byte" ones still new. Not sure if its a Panda. I will look.

anything
anything