Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [4 of 6 ID-ed] A bunch of random toys  (Read 33832 times)

Offline kristap012

[4 of 6 ID-ed] A bunch of random toys
« on: Thursday 25 March 2010, 10:12 pm »
I'm looking for info on these toys:

ID-ed as Teddytown

this also had a girl bear.  only markings are made in china (the n's are backwards) the little house also says made in china but n's are right.  always thought they went together but now i'm not sure

ID-ed as Mini Playmates, produced by Mannix in 1989

2 barrettes i had as a girl probably from the 90's.  no markings on these

ID-ed as produced by Tim Toys

all it says is  Made in China

ID-ed as Shaggy Doggy Mommy & Pups

i sometimes see these for sale as fluppy dog squeaky toys but cannot find any info on them.  They have no markings

T.N.T. 1993 Made in China.  They each held something in their hand.  One had a pink soda or something, can't seem to find it right now though

Not sure when this is from.  When you pull it's tail it rocks back and forth and plays music

any info on these would be greatly appreciated
thanks
« Last Edit: Monday 13 January 2014, 12:32 am by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: A bunch of random toys
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 March 2010, 12:05 am »
What weird timing! I was just sorting through my pictures and found this one. I found the dolls (no clips, etc.) at a flea market awhile back and then shortly after found this pic on eBay by accident when searching for something else. They are made by Mannix, 1989 (Mini Playmates). There's also one on eBay (a different color combo of the same three dolls/barrettes/ring but they want too much for it!)

TNT stands for Toys-N-Things.

The babies look like they are from the Tomy Tinkle Tots line (mini figures?) The larger sized Tinkle Tots were so funny because they were kind of anatomically correct looking . :-P
« Last Edit: Friday 26 March 2010, 12:45 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline pikapal

« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 March 2010, 08:10 am »
Those babies with the boat look familiar. I think I might have a picture of them from a catalog.

Offline zuse

« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 March 2010, 11:52 am »
Yeah, they're Tomy Tinkle Tots.

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline kristap012

« Reply #4 on: Friday 26 March 2010, 03:15 pm »
Wow thanks for the help so far.  I would love to see a picture from a catalog if you had one.

Offline zap18

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 March 2010, 12:02 am »
Hmm, I have another one of the little clip dolls in different colors:

I had no idea she was older, so that's great to find out!  I also have that little bear at the top, but have no idea when or what he is from.  All of these toys I just kind of put in my "generic" folder, so I'm really interested to see what the real story is :P

I also just got one of those TNT dolls in a lot.  She weirded me out immediately :P  Not the most attractive little doll, IMO.

I myself have always considered the squeaky "fluppies" Fluppy dog fakies as well.  But then again, I considered the little doll to be a generic, and here she turned out to be from a real vintage toy line!

Offline zuse

« Reply #6 on: Sunday 28 March 2010, 12:06 am »
I have the little dolls too, I just don't remember what the color combo is (I might have the blonde ones)! No clips/rings, though. When I'm back at the house over break I could dig them out if anyone wants them. :)

Offline Vanilla Mermaid

• Amanda's vintage diner
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 28 March 2010, 02:37 am »
I recognize the Fluppy Dogs and Fluppy Puppies. I don't remember them squeaking, but I remember collectible merchandise such as books, lunch boxes, etc. The Fluppy Dogs I had were pastel-colored with soft bodies and yarn hair. So cute!
Amanda's vintage diner : The daily specials ... Old plastic jewelry, vintage secretary dresses, BJD's, and Barbie... ?

Offline zuse

« Reply #8 on: Sunday 28 March 2010, 02:52 am »
Yeah, but we don't think they're "official" licensed toys from the Fluppy Dog toymakers . So, if they're knock-offs, who made them?

Offline EmBee

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 March 2010, 07:24 am »
Hey, I have a picture (not mine) of the bear in a car toy set.  Mine came in a clear pink chest and was purchased at a dollar store.  I remember really liking them.  :)  I'll post it soon.

The doll on the right with the bag labeled "My Little Beauty Shop" is wearing a Kelly (Barbie's little sister) dress, so don't let that throw you off.  ^^

Good luck!
-Em
« Last Edit: Sunday 28 March 2010, 07:27 am by Em »
;)

Offline LeahLPS

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 April 2010, 02:53 am »
I just found a photo of the MOC little clip dolls on eBay and thought I'd go ahead and post it.  While the company, Mannix, is the same as the one that Zuse posted, the little dolls in this set are posed a little differently, and as you can see, the packaging and name is also different (these are called Pretty Pop Its):

Offline zuse

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 April 2010, 04:55 pm »
Ooo! Good find! Here's the brunette one that's so expensive on eBay:

The first one I posted is also back up, but whoever is selling it has priced it much more affordable. :-P

Offline Ianua

« Reply #12 on: Monday 05 April 2010, 05:28 pm »
I used to have the bears too they were just cheap pound store toys I don't think they were any particular line.

Offline memegans

« Reply #13 on: Monday 05 April 2010, 07:06 pm »
I know this is kinda off topic but it's gonna drive me crazy.  Doesn't girl on the packaging look like the girl that played in "Adventures In BabySitting"  not Elizabeth Shue, but the younger girl she babysat?  She may have posed for the photo a while back?

Offline zuse

« Reply #14 on: Monday 05 April 2010, 09:56 pm »
THOR!

Haha, I don't know.

anything