Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: ID help - pink fashion tracing desk  (Read 7443 times)

Offline kimbojinks

ID help - pink fashion tracing desk
« on: Thursday 19 January 2012, 02:34 am »
I'm hunting a light-up pink tracing desk. I don't know what brand it was, maybe crayola or rose-art. It came with people shaped stencils for the body outline and you would put your outline on top of pages of clothes, and trace them on top of the body outline. Some stickers were included as well as a blue plastic card with textured ridges to make your clothes textured. The "people" would almost have a Barbie look to them. The desk would open up and store all the papers and stencils. I think it ran on batteries and there was a light bulb inside where the storage space was. I think all the clothing items were in pink ink.

The closest thing I can find is the Crayola Light Up Tracing Desk - Fashion Designer but it looks too new age. This was a late 80s early 90s toy.

I know it wasn't Disney or Princess. It was a barbie-ish and/or real life looking.

Thanks so much, kimbojinks

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: ID help - pink fashion tracing desk
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 January 2012, 06:28 am »
I'll just start with the first things I could of think of, and we'll go from there.

None of these are light up, just wanted to make sure they weren't one of the ones with different plates that you used with crayons to make a rubbing.

Barbie Rub N' Color

Fashion Plates

Fashion Plates

I know you said no Disney, but I'll put one anyways. :-P
Little Mermaid Fashion Maker (there's also and Beauty and the Beast one).
« Last Edit: Sunday 22 January 2012, 09:51 pm by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline kimbojinks

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 January 2012, 06:54 pm »
The plate/rubbing fashion designer isn't what I'm looking for, but I did have these too so thanks a million for the pictures.

I know for sure there was a light bulb on the inside, and the white plastic layer lifted up to store the supplies on the inside.

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 January 2012, 08:51 pm »
I had something like that it was purple and had pencil crayons in a little compartment in the handle. I remember mine was Beauty and the Beast but I don't remember the company or anything. I think it may have just been a knock-off to be honest. And it lit up too and there was special tracing paper too.

Offline Candice

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 January 2012, 05:54 pm »
After seeing the picture I'm positive I had that Barbie Rub n' Color set. I love finding my old things that I forgot I even had through other people's posts :D

Offline vintagequeen16

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 22 January 2012, 09:29 pm »
Was it like, a full-sized desk or a lap desk?

I had that Barbie Rub N' Color, too! I got super excited when I saw that picture.

Offline Ianua

« Reply #6 on: Thursday 26 January 2012, 09:29 pm »
I had a pink one that was backlit it had 4 reels so you could scroll through outfits and mix and match them was it like that?

Offline kimbojinks

« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 July 2012, 05:10 pm »
No, everything was paper and you traced it layer by layer to create a picture. I want to say it was crayola or roseart, but the pictures looked lifelike and not cartoon like.