Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Tall Fashion Doll with Pens for Colouring Hair [Jan 2009]  (Read 8198 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Tall Fashion Doll with Pens for Colouring Hair [Jan 2009]
« on: Sunday 07 March 2010, 06:23 pm »
Andrea emailed me this doll description:

"As a child, I received this doll for Christmas. It would have been possibly late 70's, but more likely the early 80's. She was tall (at least 22"...maybe even taller), and she had a Barbie-like figure (more like a fashion doll). She had short, curly blonde hair, and she came with pink, yellow, and blue markers for colouring her hair. She was wearing a silver bodysuit, and also came with 2 or 3 skirts to wear over top of the bodysuit, and white high heels. I seem to recall her name being Colourful Candi or something similar to that, but I can't seem to find any information on a doll with this name anywhere. I believe that my doll may have been made by Ideal Toy Company, who also made the Tiffany Taylor line of dolls. She is extremely similar to a doll Ideal sold in the 70's called Magic Hair Crissy.....except that Crissy was a redhead and my doll was blonde. I am hoping someone can remember this doll."
Thanks, Andrea

• Not Candi, produced by Mego in 1979.
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Tall Fashion Doll with Pens for Colouring Hair [Jan 2009]
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 April 2010, 04:01 am »
Possibly Brandi?

Link

Edit: Wait, nevermind. That must be the Canadian name for the Mego Candi doll. :(
« Last Edit: Monday 26 April 2010, 04:04 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)