Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Does anyone have information about this pony toy?  (Read 6770 times)

Offline PandoraFox

Does anyone have information about this pony toy?
« on: Tuesday 28 February 2012, 01:20 pm »
A little while ago, someone very kindly gave me her collection of childhood My Little Ponies.
Among these lovely toys were also a large amount of, well, fake My Little Ponies.

Among the fake ones in the bunch was this girl, and I'm very curious to know if anyone can tell me anything about her.

One of the main reasons for me wanting to  know more about her, is that someone at a pony forum recognized her as the first pony toy she ever owned, and she would love to have one again, but without any info there's no way to know where to even start looking.

I don't have too much info on her, but here is basically everything I know.

There are, unfortunately, no stamps or marks what so ever on her, no indication as to who may have produced her.
She must have been produced around the same time as the first generation My Little Ponies. Though unfortunately I cannot give you an exact year. However, I know this was also the first pony the donor of the group ever owned, and combining that with the other ponies in the collection, it's very likely it was in the first few years of the My Little Pony line, which launched in 1982.

She stands approximately as tall as a regular first generation adult my little pony.
While she seems to be an attempt to tie into the My Little Pony craze, she lacks any images on her flanks.

She's made of soft squishy vinyl and her hair feel like it's fairly "high quality" very similar to the hair of a My Little Pony.
The hair of her mane is rooted and her tail is a single large lock of hair threaded through a hole in her behind and glued down on the inside.

The person who also owned one of these at one point managed to give me a bit more information.
The one she owned had blue hair instead of pink but was, from what I gathered, otherwise pretty identical.
She thinks hers was bought at the Dutch Vroom and Dreesman or V&D chain of stores.

Unfortunately that's all I have for you to go on.
If anyone has any idea who may have produced this girl, or what she or her toy line may have been named, or just has any info at all for me, I would be very glad to hear it. I'd even just like to know if there are more then 2 people out there who ever owned one of these. XD

Offline EmBee

Re: Does anyone have information about this pony toy?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 February 2012, 03:04 am »
I don't have much but I can tell you that her mold reminds me of the much loved "piggy" ponies:

(the hoofs, short chubby legs, etc)

Here is an article:
http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=59990/highlight=spotlight+piggy+ponies.html

Maybe this will steer you in the right direction.  Good luck!
-Em
;)

Offline PandoraFox

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 February 2012, 12:42 pm »
Thank you!

I realized she looked somewhat like a piggy, but I'd somehow not thought of actually adding that to my search terms for some reason. I now actually have images of what seems to be the blue haired variant! ^^
I'd still love to know if anyone has more info on these, but this is certainly a big step in the right direction.
Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 29 February 2012, 10:27 pm by PandoraFox »

Offline EmBee

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 February 2012, 11:03 pm »
Heya, did you mean you found another one like yours with blue hair or do you mean my picture?

I don't think she IS a piggy, but her mold is similar in appearance.  I was hoping maybe that could mean she was Spanish or something off shores.. not sure!

Welcome!  :)
-Em
;)

Offline PandoraFox

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 March 2012, 01:19 am »
Heya, did you mean you found another one like yours with blue hair or do you mean my picture?

I don't think she IS a piggy, but her mold is similar in appearance.  I was hoping maybe that could mean she was Spanish or something off shores.. not sure!

Welcome!  :)
-Em

I found an image of another toy like the one I have, but with blue hair.
I didn't think she actually was a piggy, but thank you for double checking. ^^

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 March 2012, 04:04 pm »
That is a new fakie to me. Have you tried the My Little Imposter Pony boards? They'd probably be able to ID her very quickly.

Offline PandoraFox

« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 March 2012, 11:06 am »
That is a new fakie to me. Have you tried the My Little Imposter Pony boards? They'd probably be able to ID her very quickly.

No I haven't, but I'll be sure to try that! ^^
Thank you!
« Last Edit: Monday 12 March 2012, 11:07 am by PandoraFox »

Offline Dludnerad

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 14 March 2012, 05:31 pm »

this one looks like it's made with the same mould. Found it on My Little Fakies
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l490/seachanger/IMG_2641.jpg