Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Bag of goodies and I can't identify one thing! Driving me crazy.  (Read 5408 times)

Offline monalisa1495

Bag of goodies and I can't identify one thing! Driving me crazy.
« on: Monday 12 March 2012, 10:33 am »
I went to Goodwill here a few days ago. I literally got a bag full of 80's goodies. I came out with every single Strawberry Shortcake doll and they were nearly complete except for needing a few pets and shoes, literally every SSC berry wear outfit, A cycle that belongs to SSC, two complete Herself the Elf Dolls. A complete MLP playset, 2 nearly complete MLP outfits, and a nearly complete MLP baby pony playset. Some mom or dad just gave it's child's... childhood away!

So as you can see it's all 80's stuff. I'm tickled pink. I've never had a SSC doll before! I didn't want to get into it considering how expensive they are but a ready made collection fell in my lap.

Anyways there is ONE doll I can't identify. She is only marked Made in Hong Kong on her back. NOT on her head. She has brown hair, shoulder length and the most identifying thing is she has painted on closed eyes with painted on eyelashes. She was wearing a little dress that said bubble gum on it. Don't know if it went to her but it does fit. She is Strawberry Shortcake in size. Anyone know who she is? I assume she's 80's because everything else in that bag was but maybe she was 70's.

Any help would be appreciated. I hate not being able to figure out who someone is. Drives my OCD crazy.
Run mad as often as you choose but do not faint.

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Bag of goodies and I can't identify one thing! Driving me crazy.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 March 2012, 11:24 am »
Sounds like the Fun World "Bubble Gum" doll to me. :)

http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php/topic,411.0.html
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Lauralovelylocks

• I am doll parts, bad skin, doll heart....
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 March 2012, 12:46 pm »
^^^ That sounds spot on!  :)

And WOW! You are sooooo lucky, that's like my dream come true  ;)

Offline monalisa1495

« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 March 2012, 01:04 pm »
You guys are amazing! Thank you so much. You had her spot on. I didn't realize the hat went with her I thought it might have been home made. There are still a very few things of clothing in the bag I can't place maybe I'll have to get pics of them and try and post them. Maybe someone will recognize them? Who knows right. So it looks like she's complete to. though. I can't tell you how thankful I am. I've been looking for 3 days now straight for that doll to no avail! I'm sooooooooooooo happy! Thank you sooooooooo much!

Yeah it was a dream come true. I've been "picking" since I was about 10.... so sadly 20 years now and that was by far one of my best ever chance upons. 10 dollars is all for those dolls. They just thought they were old dolls that no one would want. They were old enough that they didn't throw them away because it couldn't have been lead recalled toys but young enough that they didn't think they were worth anything to anyone. So glad whoever was working just decided they were all junk. :)
Run mad as often as you choose but do not faint.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 13 March 2012, 02:33 am »
That's so cool and lucky that you were able to find a SSC collection like that! If I were you, I'd buy some lottery tickets!  ;) Congrats.

Calling all teddy experts! Please help me find my Cuddle Bear!

Offline DarkAnjel77

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 15 March 2012, 11:19 pm »
Oh MAN!!!  Awesome find!!

Don't you just love it when stuff like this happens to you :)

anything
anything