Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Plush duck, unknown brand, need help identifying!  (Read 7298 times)

Offline morwesong

Plush duck, unknown brand, need help identifying!
« on: Wednesday 21 March 2012, 03:56 am »
Hello everyone! I was directed to this website after asking for help elsewhere. I've perused the discussion boards and I feel as though if there was anyone who could help me it would be someone here!  :D

I was given this duck as an Easter gift in April of 1988. It was purchased at a Roses department store in Albany, Georgia. The tag has been completely worn off, so I have no idea who manufactured it.

The duck is about 8 inches tall. Here is a picture of it when it was new:

I would love to be able to find the brand name and I would REALLY LOVE to find another one!! I check eBay fairly regularly and haven't come across one yet.

Thanks so much for any help!!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Plush duck, unknown brand, need help identifying!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 March 2012, 02:57 am »
I've got to say, this plush is ADORABLE. I did a little searching on eBay and had about the same luck that you did. The face is very unique, though. I didn't see any plush chicks and ducks with large heads and eyes/beak so close together. :)

I'll keep an eye out. I hope somebody posts that knows more!!!
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline morwesong

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 March 2012, 03:53 am »
Thanks for looking anyway!  :D

It would be the biggest joy in my life if someone could find this duck for me! Like you said, it is so unique and I just love so much :-) I still sleep with the one I got 24 years ago, and the poor thing is very close to falling to pieces. If you look at a photo album of my life, this duck will show up throughout the whole thing!  :D

Offline zuse

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 March 2012, 05:26 am »
I understand completely! I have a panda plush that I loved and still have - tush tag in shreds, etc. Right now he's on my old bed at my parents house.

Anyways, the story was that my cousin got the panda and when I saw it I grabbed it an ran away with it. They had to go to Wal-Mart and buy me my own. Well, years later I stayed at my aunt and uncle's house, and they still had my cousin's panda plush. It's in perfect condition. The nose is still stitched on with thread, tush tag and everything. So, now I at least know the info about it but it's still very generic.

So here I am living in the same town as the Wal-Mart were this plush toy was originally sold 20+ years ago and I go through a Goodwill shopping kick. I end up finding 3 more of my panda toy in brand new condition. It was crazy. My bear is rather large so it must have been one that tended to just sit on a shelf. :)

Photo of plush panda bear like mine (this one turned up on eBay):

Never lose hope about finding more of your beloved toy! Even if it does turn out to be by a rather generic brand or something. :)

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 March 2012, 11:14 pm »
Never lose hope about finding more of your beloved toy! Even if it does turn out to be by a rather generic brand or something. :)

I agree with this. I've been curious as to where my Cuddle Bear came from for years, but all I know is that I've literally loved him to pieces and I still have his ragged, beautiful self sitting in my room. Nothing can take that away from me. And with as many people as there are on the internet, I know at least one of them will know someday.

Good luck finding your ducky! He sure is a cutie and I wish that I had some info, but if he's 1988 he's a bit before my time.  :(

Calling all teddy experts! Please help me find my Cuddle Bear!

Offline morwesong

« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 April 2012, 11:31 pm »
My duck's 24th birthday is tomorrow, Easter Sunday, and I have still been looking to find out how I can get another one. I did my weekly eBay check yesterday with no luck.

I appreciate all of the replies so far. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can find more info about the ducky  :D

Offline Ianua

« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 April 2012, 04:07 pm »
I had the polar bear version of that panda he was sent to me from canada :) I sent him to a charity shop last weekend :) wierd coincidence

Offline TheMinorityof1990

« Reply #7 on: Sunday 29 April 2012, 12:29 pm »
I'd also be interested in finding out more about MY bear, Tippy. He's been with me for almost my whole life.

He's a Russ Berrie bear, and the name Tippy is on his label. That's all I really know about him. Oh, and he possibly once wore a red bowtie.

Offline morwesong

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 23 May 2012, 05:41 am »
Still looking for this duck! An identification would be appreciated more than you know! eBay has been no help at all recently, and no one seems to have ever seen a duck like this before.

Offline marlipaige

« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 08:06 am »
No idea what the real name of it is BUT THAT'S MY PEEP! I have 2 peeps actually because one lived at my grandparents' house and one at mine. I still have them both. Had them since I was born. If you find out the name of the actual toy, i'd love to know.

Offline zuse

« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 03:19 pm »
Do your plushes have legible tush tags still?

Offline TheMinorityof1990

« Reply #11 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 07:50 pm »
Mine doesn't :(

Unless u mean the label on his butt?

Offline marlipaige

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 May 2012, 07:11 am »
I'm not near my Peep, but next time I go home i'll try to look for him if you're still looking. I seem to remember his tag being white with blue writing (though I have no idea what it said) if that helps at all.