Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: MLP 80s Fake IDENTIFIED  (Read 6561 times)

Offline Skyhorse82

MLP 80s Fake IDENTIFIED
« on: Wednesday 28 March 2012, 11:27 pm »
Hoping a My-Little-Phoney-Pony expert will read this:

Looking for a fakie that I loved and adored in the late 80s. He was a sunny-yellow colour, the usual vinyl plastic, had a moulded plastic blanket over his back, like a saddle cloth, with moulded fringing too I think. He had either red/orange hair, or a mix of colours, possibly with green and yellow, but I may be mixing him up with another fake I have. No wings, alicorn or distinctive markings on rump I don't think. Just looked like a normal horse, but...

His eyes blinked!!! That is the stand-out feature.

When I lost this pony at school one day in '89 or '90, I was devastated. I left him in the fork of a tree as part of a game in the playground, came back and he was gone...yikes, we've all been there...I still think I knew who took him to this day, dammit. Lol. Anyway, would love to see this horse again!

« Last Edit: Tuesday 26 February 2013, 10:49 pm by Skyhorse82 »

Offline pikapal

Re: MLP 80s Fake
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 March 2012, 02:38 am »

Offline Skyhorse82

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 March 2012, 03:20 am »
Sadly no, that's not him.....they're an interesting pony tho, can't say I've seen them before.

Just another thing: I don't remember my horse being in any interesting pose either, and he may have looked more horse-like, not so pony-like. But I may be wrong here...

Offline Rachel-Eyes

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 March 2012, 06:24 am »
I love MLP fakies! Is it this one?

http://mylittleimposterpony.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=candy&action=display&thread=594

Not a whole lot is known about these little guys, but some of them do have "beddy-bye eyes" that close when you set them down. Did yours glow in the dark? That's a feature that these commonly have.

Calling all teddy experts! Please help me find my Cuddle Bear!

Offline Skyhorse82

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 March 2012, 06:57 am »
Holy cow! I think mine DID glow. I'm gonna check out your link now :)

Offline Skyhorse82

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 March 2012, 07:07 am »
Wow, I am impressed Rachel-Eyes. That photo is the closest I have come to seeing a pony that remotely resembles mine, so thank you! It could very well be mine, but I don't recall mine being so short and stout, or having such a large head, hehe. They're calling it hideous on that forum, but I think that one is cute! I wish we could identify the maker and year of that pony. My new grail now, me thinks :)

Offline Skyhorse82

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 March 2012, 07:32 am »
Thanks Pikapal, but my fakie wasn't a sunshine pony. The eyes on mine definitely closed. Thanks anyway! :)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

« Reply #8 on: Thursday 29 March 2012, 08:14 am »
Cool! I'm glad we were able to find something similar to your lost girl. 8) I agree, they aren't so much hideous or frightening as they are "ugly cute." My general reaction to most fakies tend to be more like "awww" than "ewww."  ;D

To my knowledge, I'm not sure how many of them are out there that would have had closing eyes. If you're on the MLPArena, I know you can give the member Fingerpaints a poke. She has two of these fakies and may have some more info on them, plus she is very knowledgeable about fakies in general.

Calling all teddy experts! Please help me find my Cuddle Bear!

anything