Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [1 of 4 ID-ed] A few random toys (owl, mermaid, flocked animals, etc.)  (Read 18403 times)

Offline LeahLPS

Hi all, I've been trying to ID these toys for a bit now, but haven't come up with much of anything for them.  Most of them are relatively high-quality toys, but they don't have any identifying company markings to help me out.

First, I have this neat little owl...it's a little over 2 inches tall, solid plastic, and cloth wings:

Then, I have this mermaid.  I've always just considered her a My Pretty Mermaid fakie, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone had ever seen one like her before?  She's about 5 inches tall, and she does have a small "TS" stamped on the back of her tail:

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows what these jointed, flocked animals are called?  They're about 4 inches tall, and no marking except my sheep has one of those gold oval "Made in China" stickers on her belly...I have a friend that has the same kind of figures as a horse and a cow.  I've always thought they looked a little like Bitsy Bears due to their pastel flocking, but I don't think they're related:

ID: Charmin' Farm Friends
(I moved this discussion to its own forum: http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=1129.0 ~Zuse)

Lastly, I have this little doll that came in a little green puppy bank.  The bank's made of a cheaper plastic and is about 4 inches tall, and the doll's around 2 and a half inches tall.  She's got a Liddle Kiddle-like body, and her head is done in more of a vintage SSC style.  The only markings are a hard-to-decipher "Made in Hong Kong" stamp on the bottom of the bank:

Thanks for taking a look!
« Last Edit: Thursday 28 October 2010, 12:38 am by zuse »

Offline pikapal

Re: A few random toys (owl, mermaid, flocked animals, etc.)...
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 April 2010, 08:50 am »
I've seen a similar doll to the one in the bank. It's on this page.

http://home.comcast.net/~mjm1977/generic.htm

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 April 2010, 10:12 am »
I like that mermaid! And that little doll in the bank is adorable! I hope someone can ID these!

Offline memegans

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 05:55 pm »
ok as far as the little doll with the dog bank:  There was also one inside of an elephant and others inside of plastic purses.  I had one of the ones in the purse.  I am certain they date back to the late 70's/early 80's but I will have to research it more.  I will try to find another pic of one. 

Offline memegans

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 06:37 pm »
 ;D sorry correction: The small doll also came in a plastic "telephone" as well

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 01:48 am »
Look at the thread "Mermaid Drinking Straw" in this forum, an album of mermaids was posted that includes your mermaid. Here's the picture:

Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline zap18

« Reply #6 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 02:27 am »
Yep, she's mine :)  I just can't really add anything to the discussion... I have no idea what she is either!  I also just classified her as a MPM fakie.

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 01:15 pm »
Guess what I found! I'm confused as to what they are actually called so I asked the owner of the photo. These are cute! ^-^
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61516675@N00/2643101152/in/set-72157600838261102/

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 02:21 pm »
Fun-World is a doll brand. It's the same company that made the Baby Petals dolls I posted in another thread.

If you look at the eyes, the different dolls in the series seem to match up with these other Fun-World dolls (one has her eyes shut):

http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=411.0

Unfortunately, that "line" doesn't seem to have a name either. Just the names for the three different dolls and the brand name (Fun-World). I suspect there might be 3 of these Liddle Kiddle-type dolls.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 11:08 pm by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 02:36 pm »
I was thinking that would be the brand.  It didn't sound like the correct name of the line, which is why I asked the owner. I hope the name of them is on the other side of the tag then..

Offline zuse

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 02:37 pm »
Lambykins maybe?

"Fun-World made a lot of cute little play sets during the 1960's. This set appears to be a clone or copycat of the teensy weensy Liddle Kiddles dolls which were so popular and are still very collectible. The set is still new in package. Package has some shelfwear as shown."

I know that it's a boxed set and no carrying case. Still, maybe part of the line, though? (Mattel Liddle Kiddles knock-off).
« Last Edit: Sunday 25 April 2010, 02:47 pm by zuse »

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 03:13 pm »
hm. I don't think so. I think they'll all have the same look and come in a purse/bank thing.

Offline pikapal

« Reply #12 on: Monday 26 April 2010, 02:51 am »
I have a doll that looks like a Lambykins doll, but I got it at a dollar store in the 90s. It was sort of like a Kiddle knock off since it came in a small baby bottle.

Took a picture of my doll. It has a different face from the one in the bank.
« Last Edit: Monday 26 April 2010, 06:46 am by pikapal »

Offline zuse

« Reply #13 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 07:41 pm »
I had that doll too! It was bought at a school fundraiser (one with large amounts of cheap stuff bought in bulk for kid's to go to for buying Christmas presents, not used items).

So, probably not Lambykins then.

Any more ideas about the flocked animals?

Offline LeahLPS

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 11:03 pm »
Wish I knew more about the flocked animals, but still haven't come up with anything when I try to research them.  It's weird, because they're pretty high-quality as far as design and materials go.  I would think that they were a minor line of toys by a major company by looking at them, not just some random dollar store fakie, so I didn't think they'd be too hard to ID.

I'd love to ID that owl too...I've been curious about it for awhile now.  Again, judging by its nice quality, I thought it might be made by a well-known toy company and hoped it would be easy to ID.

I really appreciate everyone's further information on the little doll with the green puppy bank...thanks everyone!  It's nice to have a brand for them.  And that sleeping one w/the phone case that Batty linked to is too cute. :)

anything
anything