Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Melanie's Mall  (Read 28113 times)

Offline EricaVee

Re: Melanie's Mall
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 01:49 am »
The original basic mall came with a blonde doll and an AA doll. The blonde has yellow shoes and I'm pretty sure the AA one did too. When I pulled the blonde doll out of storage she was wearing the dress with the hot pink top, yellow waistband and white skirt. I don't know if I still have the AA doll because her arm fell off when I was little. My nana wired it back on but I don't know if it held!
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline zap18

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 02:43 am »
Ah ha!  I knew the AA one that came with the mall (yellow shoes, I agree!), it's the blondes that are giving me headaches.  Yellow shoes, you say?

Hmm, well, this gives me trouble.  The only yellow shoed blonde I have with the early face has glitter shoes, which actually places her later. 

Well... drat.  I have no idea.

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 02:56 am »
I tried to get some zoomed-in pics of the promo pics from the box photos I've snagged off of eBay.

Main Mall: (*looks* like pink and yellow shoes)

Cool Corner: (also pink and yellow shoes?)
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zuse

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 03:05 am »
Looking at some completed lots on eBay where the dolls are loose... I *think* the pink and yellow shoes are reversed. Chrissy-Lee has the yellow shoes and Melanie has the pink shoes.

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 05:16 am »
Hmm. Maybe I have a really early one because my Melanie doll is definitely yellow-shod. As for Chrissy-Lee, I haven't been able to find her in my stuff so she might have been pink even if I remember yellow. Maybe I'm remembering all wrong because most doll lines give the main blonde pink stuff and the hip AA friend yellow stuff. :P

One of their little milkshakes got into the bag of Barbie shoes I put together when I went home for Easter; I found it on my desk today. I forgot how many little tiny things went with these sets, like the little shopping bags and smocks for the hair salon.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline mouse

« Reply #20 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 11:08 am »
I randomly came across one on ebay.co.uk http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-MELANIES-MALL-BALLET-BOUTIQUE-STAR-GYMNASTICS_W0QQitemZ120551933974QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_VintageToys_RL?hash=item1c11748816

Since it looks like this person only had a few sets it migh help to identify the dolls?

Offline zap18

« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 April 2010, 01:28 am »
Thanks for the link, mouse :)

It confirms some of what I was thinking, so that was a nice find. 

The main troubles I'm still having are telling apart the early blondes with the pink shoes (there are three) and telling apart the blondes that came with the smaller mall sets in the second series.  I don't have pictures of their shoes at all :(  Oh, and the three glitter shoe blondes. 

So... I guess just about every blond still :P

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #22 on: Sunday 18 April 2010, 11:11 pm »
So it turns out my yellow-shoed blonde came with the PHOTOBOOTH, not the main mall.
http://www.kodakgirl.com/tdollph7.htm

I know that's her because that's the dress she was wearing when I pulled her out of storage.

So the blonde that came with the original main mall could have had pink shoes. I haven't found her or Chrissy-Lee in my old things yet so I don't know.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline zap18

« Reply #23 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 12:58 am »
Ah ha!!  That is what I was thinking!!!  I am a GENIUS!!!  :P

It's the little victories that count, right?

Offline zuse

« Reply #24 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 06:26 am »
Yeah, when I head back home over the summer I'll see if me and my sister can figure out which doll goes with which set. :)

Hopefully I'll get some pics. I also want to get a good scan of one of the earlier pamphlets.

Offline zuse

« Reply #25 on: Monday 19 July 2010, 02:34 am »
I still haven't gone through the box, haha. I did check for the pamphlets, though, and they weren't there! I must have stashed them somewhere else after I scanned them. :-|

Offline 2526

« Reply #26 on: Sunday 12 February 2012, 12:51 am »
Any interest is appreciated. I have a sealed Melanie's Mall Melanie On Ice playset listed at auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220952484962#ht_842wt_65

[

anything