Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Sylvanian Lookalikes  (Read 14096 times)

Offline TheMinorityof1990

Sylvanian Lookalikes
« on: Friday 27 April 2012, 07:45 pm »
I've had this flocked rabbit figure for as long as I can remember. She's about the same size of Sylvanians, but her hands are flat. Her head is really squeezy. She's brownish in colour, and her ears point almost straight up.

I know this is a really general discription, but she's average, and her clothing won't help with an ID, because my nan knitted the dress she's wearing to match a cardigan she knitted for me.

Does anyone know anything that might help me to ID her?

Re: Sylvanian Lookalikes
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 April 2012, 08:50 pm »
I also have many other toys I need IDing, but I'll list them all in different posts.

I have a barbie lookalike doll wearing a satiny green dress with a plain bit above it, and a gold bit above that. The gold bit has lace on the shoulders, black swirls all over it, and a big gold bow on the right. She's wearing silver looped earrings and has a green bow in her hair, with bit of black lace coming off it. The black lace has sequins in it. Her hair is blonde, almost white.

On her back, she has the outline of a rabbit above the words 1990 lucky ind co ltd. Made in china.

She also has a bag, made in the same material as her dress, some of it plain green, the rest, green with little gold studs. The handle is made of gold beads. The bag doesn't open.
« Last Edit: Friday 27 April 2012, 08:57 pm by TheMinorityof1990 »

« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 April 2012, 08:54 pm »
I have a little white cat, made by Tomy. The date says 1988.

She had batteries in her, and she would make meowing noises when you put two fingers on her front two paws, which have metal bits on, with holes in the middle. The battery size she took were N batteries.

I know she wasn't a one off, because my brother(s) had one. I'm just not sure what animal they had.

« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 April 2012, 09:05 pm »
I have another doll, Ariel, from the little mermaid.

She was bought new for my birthday. She's wearing a white satiny dress, the top half of which is lace with a pinky edge at the neck. She has bright red hair.

There are no markings anywhere. I'd like to know what make she is, and where she came from originally, what country, and what year she was made, if possible. But any information would be good. She's a very special doll to me. I've had her for longer than I can remember.

« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 April 2012, 09:14 pm »
If anyone has any information on the 1995 balto plastic dog toys, brown or grey, or the webster racing set, please let me know asap. Thanks.

I found this : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1980s-Kiddicraft-Sports-Websters-Playhouse-/251046573219?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item3a738ab4a3#ht_739wt_952

Does anyone know what the glow in the dark female spider with the pink flower feelers is called?
« Last Edit: Friday 27 April 2012, 09:18 pm by TheMinorityof1990 »

« Reply #6 on: Saturday 28 April 2012, 08:34 am »
No, it's definately not them. My Balto figures have no moving parts at all.

Offline pikapal

« Reply #7 on: Sunday 29 April 2012, 02:27 am »
Does your rabbit sort of look like this one?

This is a taller adult figure.

« Reply #8 on: Sunday 29 April 2012, 07:45 am »
Yeah, a bit. There are some differences, her eyes are a little further apart and aren't red, and her ears are pointing out a little more, but that's the closest I'm seen online. :D

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 April 2012, 07:52 am »

This is a DIFFERENT flocked rabbit that I got at a charity shop for 50p, standing next to a chipmunk, who also needs identifying. :)

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 April 2012, 07:56 am »

And this is Dr Bear. He used to belong to my brother, but was handed down to me some long time ago. I think he might be a German Barenwald bear?

IDed: He is a Bear It In Mind bear.
« Last Edit: Sunday 29 April 2012, 08:28 pm by TheMinorityof1990 »

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 April 2012, 08:49 am »
I believe this rabbit with her playset may be LPS?

« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 April 2012, 09:10 am »
Here are the photos of the toys I've mentioned before but had no photo of to post up.

Pearl, my little rabbit in the dress Nan knitted for her.

Ariel, my Little Mermaid toy.

My little kitten who meowed when you put your fingers on the metal paws underneath

A photo of my little kitten's metal paws

And my barbie type doll in her green silky dress

« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 April 2012, 09:24 am »
And here are my Balto dogs

And my friend found this for me the other day. The toy I have is the one directly under the plushie.

http://www.animationsource.org/balto/en/articles/The_oddly_colored_Balto_toys./85645.html&id_film=10

Edit: Kiddy2468 is correct. Sorry for any confusion, but the puppy is Pooka, from Anastasia the cartoon.
« Last Edit: Sunday 29 April 2012, 08:32 pm by TheMinorityof1990 »

Offline pikapal

« Reply #14 on: Sunday 29 April 2012, 05:38 pm »
Your Ariel doll is a Tyco doll. They came in many different styles including one in a wedding dress.

The bear is a Bear it in Mind bear.
http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=415.0

The rabbit looks like one of those gripper toys.

anything