Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Sky Dancers + Polly Pocket  (Read 26144 times)

Offline EricaVee

Sky Dancers + Polly Pocket
« on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 02:05 am »
I figured you might have left Polly out because there are other sites devoted to her, but I thought it still might be worth suggesting since it was such a popular toy.

And Sky Dancers! I just found one of my two full-sized ones recently and a bunch of other little figurines of them the other day in my old stuff. Man, those things are fun. I flew mine around the room for like an hour when I found her. :P I would definitely love to see them here because I can ID the full-sized ones pretty easily, but I have a lot of random mini ones that are harder.
« Last Edit: Sunday 06 March 2011, 07:46 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Polly Pocket and Sky Dancers
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 02:23 am »
Pink-aisle.com used to be like the DEFINITIVE site for Sky-Dancers. But it just *poof* disappeared one day. :(

I know that it's a toy that had a bunch of recall problems...
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zap18

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 02:30 am »
I would have suggested Sky Dancers too, because I would love for there to be a good, current skydancers site.  They are just so hard!  They.  All.  Look.  Alike.

I pull out mine and it boggles my mind.  How many combinations of pink, purple, and green can there be?

Buuut, that being said... I would love to see a page on them :)

They did have recall problems though, like Zuse said- I looked it up recently because I was, well, trying to find a guide, and the injuries included cornea damage, severe lacerations, and cracked ribs. 

If it wasn't so gruesome, it would be pretty funny.  It kind of is anyway :P  Flying ballerinas... OF DEATH.

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 05:04 am »
LOL @ flying ballerinas of death.  ;D I remember the recall thing because my grandmother knew I had these and made a big deal about it--crazy stuff! Cornea damage I can MAYBE understand, but cracked ribs--were they playing with them on the edge of a cliff? All I know is that mine never spun out of control and turned on me, and they never hurt my older brother and I aimed them at him all the time. ;D

I also found out recently that they started making these again. Supposedly they redesigned them to make them safer-I think they're just smaller, and of course they've updated the faces and clothes and whatnot. They're not as pretty. *pouts*
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 April 2010, 09:38 pm »
I have one of the newer ones. Her stand even blew bubbles! Well.. it was supposed to, but I could never get it to work.
I think the only thing they did to make them safer is put in a locking mechanism so that if they are not pointed upward they won't fly. I was really disappointed. Half of the fun was aiming them at people. v.v
I also have/had(?) a board game and a video of the cartoon. I really like what I've seen of the cartoon. I wanna get more.

Offline icey6969

« Reply #5 on: Saturday 17 April 2010, 04:00 am »
I Had So Many Of These. I Would Like To Atleast See Pics Of The Ones I Used To Have. The Problem With Adding Them To The Site Would Be That They Came Out With So Many Different Ones And Now A Days You Barely Find Anything On Them (Atleast Its Better Than Trying To Find Anything On Merwees)

Offline zap18

« Reply #6 on: Saturday 17 April 2010, 07:05 pm »
I went ahead and uploaded my Skydancers to an album if anybody just wants to look at them for fun :)  Here is the link:  http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/zap18/Myphotos/Skydancers/

I also uploaded my lanard fakies of them:  http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/zap18/Myphotos/Skydancers/Lanard%20Fakies/

And my modern ones:
http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/zap18/Myphotos/Skydancers/Modern/

A lot of them could use a trip to the beauty parlor, and some of the pics are bad depending on my concentration when I took them :P  At any rate, enjoy!

Offline icey6969

« Reply #7 on: Saturday 17 April 2010, 07:17 pm »
I Had The 7th And 17th Pic. I Had Another Mini One With Turquoise Hair And Pink Outfit

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #8 on: Saturday 17 April 2010, 07:48 pm »
Oooh thanks so much zap! I had no idea there were so many but both of my full-sized ones are there. I also don't remember any male skydancers! Great pictures.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline icey6969

« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 April 2010, 08:06 pm »
Me Neither. I Have Never Seen Any Male Ones Until Now. Thanks Zap

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 April 2010, 11:35 pm »
Man Skydancers!? I never knew!

Offline EmBee

« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 08:57 am »
I always found myself more interested in the launcher than I did the doll.  They were so neat looking sometimes.  :)  By the way, this thread made me XD.

I think the newer ones have "foam" wings.

-Em
;)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #12 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 11:33 am »
Well, from looking at zappy's images, maybe it won't be too difficult to ID all of them.. As long as we can get a back of box pic from however many lines there were..

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 10:45 pm »
I know in addition to the sky dancers they had a version for boys called dragon flyz or something simluar to that.

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #14 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 11:45 pm »
Yup. I remember those too. There was even a cartoon for them!
http://www.toyloft.co.uk/Images/Others/flyz1_300.jpg

anything
anything