Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Crimp and Curl Hair?  (Read 8751 times)

Offline Wardah

Crimp and Curl Hair?
« on: Tuesday 13 April 2010, 01:29 am »
I was just wondering if the larger Crimp and Curl Ponies or Pets have the same thickness of their hair as the Crimp and Curl Magic Meadow Ponies. I only have one Magic Meadow Pony so I have no way to compare. Thanks in advance.

Offline zap18

Re: Crimp and Curl Hair?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 April 2010, 03:55 pm »
Off the top of my head, I'd say the hair is the same, just longer.  It's possible it's a little thicker, but it has the same consistency and feel of the MM ponies.

Offline Wardah

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 April 2010, 07:25 pm »
The thickness is what I am worried about. I am looking for what to use as donor hair to make a MLP based on a MM pony without actually having to take the hair from a MM pony.

Offline zap18

« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 April 2010, 04:31 am »
Hmm.  That's tricky.  I'd say that the hair on the larger CP animals is close enough- there might be a difference in thickness, but it's not dramatic.  Like, I would have to hold them up to one another and really look carefully.  It's pretty close, if different at all.

However, I'm not sure if the larger animals are easier to get or less valuable than the MM ponies- sometimes the crimp and curl horses go for over $10 a piece, depending on the current market of course.  It varies.  MM ponies can be hard to move, and I have definitely had some bait ones pass through my hands.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm looking forward to seeing the final product!

Offline Wardah

« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 April 2010, 01:36 am »
So maybe that would not be the best solution. Is there any way I could make my own Crimp and Curl hair or at least simulate it? I mean like any way to make yarn hair that could hold its shape?

anything