Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [1 of 2 ID-ed: U.S. Dogs + ?] Two toy IDs?  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Festschrift

[1 of 2 ID-ed: U.S. Dogs + ?] Two toy IDs?
« on: Thursday 09 August 2012, 09:08 am »
I've had this first plushie for a decent amount of time, probably around 2000 or so, and His name is "Hawk" and he is from U.S. Dogs. I know they used to manufacture high end dog plushies that were weighted with jointed limbs and lots of accessories. Each dog breed had a name, similar to American girl dolls. I have the black lab name Hawk, I wanna say the yellow lab was called Sarah? I could be wrong. they had a german shepard as well as some other breeds. Unfortunately their site no longer works (I have the link somewhere if I can find the rest of my stuff). The dog is about a foot long and stands about 5 inches tall at the shoulder. I'd love it if anyone had more info on them or a place online I could find some old ones to buy.

sitting

standing

(logo on foot a trademark of this line)

collar/tags

inside of mouth with suede tongue and velcro on the roof to hold toys and puppies

A brush that was part of the grooming kit (sold separately) Note the logo.

The second toy is made by Great American Fun corp. And is a horse that has a glowing mane and tail and sings when you push her hoof. Made somewhere about 1998 I'd guess.

Any information on this one would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: Friday 28 December 2012, 04:16 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline Rachel-Eyes

Re: Two toy IDs?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 August 2012, 04:58 pm »
I'm so glad someone remembers those ponies! I had one that I named Sally and she was pink with a pink mane... my cousin and brother both had a purple one with a purple mane.

I'm afraid I don't have any other information on those besides the variants. I remember always wanting the white one simply because she was so pretty.  :)

Calling all teddy experts! Please help me find my Cuddle Bear!

Offline Frenchmaiid

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 December 2012, 06:13 am »
I think it's absolutely crazy that even though that dog has like all this information on it it just seems to have dropped off the face of the planet! I've been googling for it. Sooo weird. o___o;

Also I seen a post someone online a while back describing a similar horse stuffed animal! I'll try and dig it up.

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 December 2012, 07:29 pm »
U.S. Dogs were made by Katy Company, which has now ceased trading.

Here's an archived version of their website (not all images show or links work), with U.S. Dogs and U.S. Puppies at the top of the left-hand navigation.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040215021729/http://www.us-dogs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv

"A child's best friend! Unlike most stuffed toys, U.S. Dogs are not idle toys.  Your toy U.S. Dog can be posed in hundreds of playful positions. Its mouth is designed to hold interchangeable toys, puppies and treats as you act out the joy of having a dog."

U.S. Dogs included:
  • Chase the Collie
  • Duke the German Shepherd
  • Dylan the Golden Retriever
  • Hawk the Black Labrador Retriever
  • Jewels the Standard Poodle
  • Katy the Yellow Labrador Retriever
  • Rudy the Rottweiler
  • Rufus the Mixed Breed
  • Sammy the Samoyed

U.S. Puppies included:
  • Black Lab pups
  • Black Poodle pups
  • Collie Puppies
  • German Shepherd Puppies
  • Golden Retriever pups
  • Rottweiler Puppies
  • Samoyed pups
  • Yellow Lab pups

Here's a page with Hawk on (and the links on the left mostly work):

http://web.archive.org/web/20030115145504/http://www.us-dogs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=USD&Category_Code=usd-hawk
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

anything