Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Rainbow Brite items (Things I'd never seen)  (Read 6427 times)

Offline RBSprite82

Rainbow Brite items (Things I'd never seen)
« on: Tuesday 18 September 2012, 01:24 am »
On the RB page it says "There were five Dress-Up Fashions due for release in 1986, but I as far as I know they never made it into the shops"

Well, I just found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-doll-Rainbow-Brite-DOLL-WITH-NIGHTIE-SLIPPERS-MIB-/150896352437?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23221f9cb5

It's not the slumber set and it's not the PJ's that Tickled Pink is wearing, either. It says vintage, but doesn't say the exact year so I will contact the seller for that. I hadn't ever seen it before..

I also just found these items I'd never seen before:

This looks like the cuddle star seen on this site, but I don't think there are holes for her arms or legs..

Anyone have any info on them?
« Last Edit: Tuesday 18 September 2012, 02:57 am by RBSprite82 »

Offline natshera

Re: Rainbow Brite items (Things I'd never seen)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 September 2012, 09:28 am »
i think the sparkly outfit was made as a "cheaper " fashion item for rainbow brite size dolls (like they do with the cheaper barbie outfits) as the packaging doesnt look like it has the RB logo on but is very similar - if thats any help :)

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 November 2012, 12:22 pm »
"Rainbow Rag-Mops", eh?

The character on the package looks like an ice cream doll. I collect those. I'll have to investigate this...

EDIT: Bahahaha, there's one on ebay at the moment.

Cutie.
« Last Edit: Friday 16 November 2012, 12:26 pm by ForeverKokiri »

Offline maryhtc

« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 March 2013, 05:40 pm »
The little outfit the pink doll is wearing with the mask is part of a doll carrier I actually have.