Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Early 90s/late 80s Barbie and pink shiny leather jacket  (Read 6097 times)

Offline ShadowcatMatt

Early 90s/late 80s Barbie and pink shiny leather jacket
« on: Wednesday 19 September 2012, 06:20 am »
Hi! My sister had a Barbie that I inherited, I'm assuming she was from the early nineties, she had platinum hair, no bangs, more of a swoosh, her hair was kinda wavy, but not curly, definately poofy, about to her lower or mid back. She had bent elbows and her skin tone and facepaint was just really warm. Like peachish lips and tan skin. She doesn't have the same face mold as the Olympics Barbie from the nineties or the peaches and cream Barbie. Her face just looks more soft I assume. She had an open mouth smile and blue eyes.

I also had this awesome pink fake leather/shiny material jacket that had a pink floral pattern over the upper chest.

And I've been trying to find this other doll, I think her name was asha? She looked like beyonce to me haha. If you have any ideas, let me know!

The Barbie looks Likethe doll is MissusS post towards the bottom of the page in this link, she looks like the one who's Got the glasses on her head and she's wearing blueish pants with the khaki color jacket

http://forums.weddingbells.ca/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2114171
« Last Edit: Wednesday 19 September 2012, 06:28 am by ShadowcatMatt »

Offline skippercollector

Asha
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 September 2012, 07:43 pm »
Shani, Asha, Nichelle and Jamal were "acquaintances" of Barbie, although one year Shani was part of the Barbie swimsuit line instead of Christie.  That year (I think it was 1992), Shani dumped her boyfriend Jamal and Steven temporarily dumped Christie so Shani and Steven got together (don't ask!).
There were a number of different Shani and Asha dolls between 1990 and 1995 or so.  The name Nichelle has reappeared in Mattel-Land several times since then.

Offline ShadowcatMatt

Re: Early 90s/late 80s Barbie and pink shiny leather jacket
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 September 2012, 02:48 am »
Haha! That sounds like a soap opera! Seriously though haha, you should make it one. However, that's not my old Barbie :( nor the jacket. I think they were from different sets. But thank you do much! It was very thoughtful of you! :)

Offline ShadowcatMatt

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 September 2012, 04:58 am »
I wanna say that she kinda looked like this one, I don't remember her ears being pierced but I'm probable wrong
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1990s-Estrela-Brazil-BUQUE-GRINALDA-Bride-BARBIE-NRFB-MIB-Gorgeous-/110951652731?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d53bdd7b

Offline littlemissmagichair

« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 January 2013, 05:20 pm »
I had a Stacey and a Barbie that had matching jackets could this be her ? I found a Stacey but the only picture I can find of Barbie is on the bottom of the box.

-Heather

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 January 2013, 06:29 pm »
The clothes of that Stacey doll were made to fit both Barbie and Skipper as well; that's why there's a picture of Barbie at the bottom of the box.

Offline ShadowcatMatt

« Reply #7 on: Friday 18 January 2013, 04:04 am »
THAT'S THE JACKET!!!!! Thank youuuuu!

anything