Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Help IDing on Favorite plush toys from the 80s/early 90s  (Read 4788 times)

Offline mandisue99

Help IDing on Favorite plush toys from the 80s/early 90s
« on: Saturday 05 January 2013, 05:03 am »
I had two stuffed toys I loved as a kid. I was a bit older when I got them so I want to say they were from the late 80s/early 90s.

I had an orange stuffed monkey called "Swing Kong" (the name has always stuck with me). He was made out of a satiny/almost spandex like material and was bright orange with a white face and green realistic hair.

The gimmick was that he had sand in his feet so he could somewhat stand on his own.

There was also a giraffe in the line though I can't remember his name. He was yellow with black spots, black realistic hair.

Again the legs were longer than necessary, small body and he had sand in his feet. I know there was a whole line because I remember seeing other animals-my parents got these two for me for the same Christmas and I had them in my room until I moved out for college, haven't seen them since.

I don't remember who made them but I seem to remember them being a major manufacture and somewhat unexpected like Tonka or someone like that.

Googling Swing Kong or searching on ebay just brings me more and more links for Diddy/Donkey Kong games. Not the same thing!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Offline mandisue99

Re: Help IDing on Favorite plush toys from the 80s/early 90s
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 January 2013, 07:22 am »
EDIT: The name of the giraffe just came to me....Stretch Longneck.

I did a google search and the results were better than with Swing Kong. I got that the manufacturer was Tiger Toys 1989--but the only result that comes up is that it's a registered trademark. No other information, no pictures.

Does anyone know the line of toys I'm talking about?

Offline iheartkatamari

• Keeper of the Fun
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 January 2013, 07:35 am »
They're Lanky Doodles; I remember there also being a cat named Rat-A-Tat Cat, a dog named Arfer Dogfrey, and a tiger Named Hyper Stryper, and they all had a tag saying, "I land on my feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aAtCbpyrvU

Offline mandisue99

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 January 2013, 07:41 am »
Yesssss!!!! Thank you! :)

anything
anything