Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: HELP! Barbie-like Mattel doll from the 90s?  (Read 4543 times)

Offline areyoulistening

HELP! Barbie-like Mattel doll from the 90s?
« on: Saturday 05 January 2013, 07:28 am »
This is probably a lost cause, but I am trying to identify a doll. I know she was like a Barbie doll, made by Mattel in the earlyish 90s, NOT one of Barbie's friends or family members - in fact I don't think she had anything to do with Barbie, and came with a blue and yellow one piece with cutout swimsuit/leotard that had little pink bows. Her face was different than Barbie's, however, she was blonde-haired and blue eyed. Anyone? I have been searching for hours and found nothing. I bought her at a discount/close-out store in the early-mid 90s.

Offline skippercollector

Re: HELP! Barbie-like Mattel doll from the 90s?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 January 2013, 04:59 pm »
She didn't have a name, but she was made by Mattel so I consider her a Barbie "acquaintance."  There were three dolls, Fashion Friend Party Teen and Fashion Friend Swimsuit Teen (the one you're asking about), both of whom were Barbie-sized, and Pretty Teen, who was Skipper-sized.  These dolls were only sold at Kmart in 1991 in the US.  There were a number of extra outfits sold for Party Teen.  This is a link on ebay to Swimsuit Teen:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4053-NRFB-Mattel-K-Mart-Stores-Fashion-Friends-Swimsuit-Doll-/150914091107
I've got Pretty Teen for sale myself:
http://www.epier.com/BiddingForm_edit.asp?2034077

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 January 2013, 11:42 pm »
Here are the pictures from the auction linked above:

Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline areyoulistening

« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 January 2013, 07:52 am »
THAT IS HER. Amazing! And thank you SO much for proving my sanity! I think my family thought I was nuts! Not to mention, I've been looking for her off and on for at least a couple of years. AGAIN, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anything
anything