Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: What is the name of this little kitty?  (Read 4693 times)

Offline kiddy2468

What is the name of this little kitty?
« on: Sunday 13 January 2013, 04:26 am »
My dad gave me a little gray kitty that he found in a box of stuff and I need help identifying it. It stand up and has plastic feet and there is a mechanism in the back that makes the arms open and close which are sticking out straight from its sides. The cat is also wearing blue pants and a long sleeved blue shirt. There is a tiny tag inside that says this one it: FREDERICK USA EDEN TOYS, INC. MADE IN KOREA 1986. My sister thinks it is from Beatrix Potter so maybe it's Tom Kitten. So please help me out.

Offline luckdragon

Re: What is the name of this little kitty?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 January 2013, 06:00 am »
Frederick Eden did make stuffed animals for the Beatrix Potter characters.  It's totally possible.  Were the feet pure plastic or were they plastic covered in the stuffed animal's skin?

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 January 2013, 04:50 am »
The feet are all plastic but there is fur on the legs, arms, and head. It's not very big either I'm not sure how big it is really. There is also a string around its neck that I think once held a tag of some sort.

Offline Dludnerad

« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 January 2013, 04:54 pm »
if he has a striped tail, it is Tom Kitten. I used to have one that sounds the same. He had a tag on a string around his neck, and a little gloss paper giftbag to put him in that had the book cover printed on the side :)

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 January 2013, 09:04 pm »
Yes his tail is striped I also found this picture of him. It is in a much better condition than the one that I have.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/108109326/tom-kitten-beatrix-potter-toy-by-eden

« Last Edit: Thursday 17 January 2013, 11:35 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

anything