Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Dream Garden] Scented Flower Playset?  (Read 8522 times)

Offline EmBee

[ID: Dream Garden] Scented Flower Playset?
« on: Friday 23 April 2010, 04:50 am »
My friend used to have this toy that we adored.  It was a playset that had a mother figurine and a couple of babies.  They have have been animals or baby flowers.  They had bottles.  But the playset as a whole was like a flower, perhaps it opened up.  I remember some element of it being scented and it smelled wonderful.  I think there was a sun attached to the playset with a smiling face on it.

I'm afraid I do not have a brand name or any other details.  I have searched for it for years.  Thanks a lot for any input.  :)
-Em
« Last Edit: Monday 26 April 2010, 09:50 am by Ghost Of The Doll »
;)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Scented Flower Playset?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 04:59 am »

Dream Garden by Trendmasters?
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EmBee

« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 05:10 am »
Holy CRAP.  You nailed it.  I am so grateful, thank you very very very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has any more pictures, please please post them!!
-Em
;)

Offline zuse

« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 05:12 am »
Yay.

I swear I saw a playset in Wal-Mart recently that reminded me of this so much... but I can't remember the name. It's like little dolls with a flower in a flower pot?

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EmBee

« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 05:31 am »
Oh wow, that's cool.  Yeah, apparently they made "teapots" or something too, as well as baby dolls.  I'm having a ball searching for more pictures.  ^_^

-Em
« Last Edit: Friday 23 April 2010, 05:36 am by Em »
;)

Offline pikapal

« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 07:16 am »
Yay.

I swear I saw a playset in Wal-Mart recently that reminded me of this so much... but I can't remember the name. It's like little dolls with a flower in a flower pot?

Is this what you were talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Summit-Financial-Product-Inc-Mansion/dp/B000QCYNJQ
http://www.amazon.com/Summit-Products-Garden-Girlz-Windmill/dp/B000QCYQI4

Offline zuse

« Reply #6 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 07:21 am »
Yep, the Garden Girlz is it! Good job!

Am I the only one that hates the "z" used as the "s" for toys. Bratz and Trollz always bothered me because of that... :-D

Another "Spirit of the 90s" toy! Except I hate the packaging, haha.

I would collect a no-name toy that reminded me of 90s toys before I would the remakes that just recycle the name but are just a really really different style (*cough* Littlest Pet Shop).
« Last Edit: Friday 23 April 2010, 02:23 pm by zuse »

Offline EmBee

« Reply #7 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 09:04 am »
It's juuust not the same!!!  I also can't stand the "z" to make a word plural.  T.T..;;;  It worked some in the 90s, but people just get away with the worst titles these days.  Personally I do not favor the new style of the Littlest Pet Shop toys.

(I miss when toys were allowed to have some body fat on them, too!  XD)
-Em
;)

Offline zap18

« Reply #8 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 02:21 am »
(I miss when toys were allowed to have some body fat on them, too!  XD)

You said it!  Couldn't agree more.  I saw one girl post on the arena before that she didn't like the G1s because they were fat... I died a little inside :P

Regarding the LPS, I got into them a little when they first began because it looked like they were referencing the original line by making the same sets (the huskies in the igloo, etc.).  Not so much anymore.  Now, I still sort of like the dogs, because I like dog toys.  I experience waves of loathing and liking for them :P

More on topic, I have couple of the babies.  I found them in a peach at a thrift store.  I hadn't seen them before then so it was quite the surprise :P  I also have one or two of the plush, and see them around all the time.  If you want me to pick them up when I see them, just let me know!

Offline mouse

« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 01:37 pm »
Fisher Price little people have gone in the opposite direction - they're now shaped like dumplings! We got a random female little people (person?) in a farmhouse lot (by another company) and we call it 'that little fat lass' :)