Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Need help IDing a pretty old toys (possibly 60s or early 70s??)  (Read 4808 times)

Offline Stonecreek

Need help IDing a pretty old toys (possibly 60s or early 70s??)
« on: Tuesday 22 January 2013, 05:36 pm »
I'm new to the toy game :) I'm completely hooked tho! I basically have been trying to find anything i had in my childhood or anything really cool looking that's an older toy (like these I'm about to talk about) and I'll keep them. Then anything else I find I sell so other people can have them and then it supports my new toy buying obsession  ::)

Well I got these at a flea market/garage sale type thing. As of now I plan on keeping these, they're just too cool to let go.  ;D

I'm trying to get more information on a couple of them. I know for sure that the pink and blue bug is from 1968, it came from a board game called Bug a Boo. The turtle all I could find is one for sale saying its from the 60s but nothing else, nothing on the green bug (but it has the same brand and such as the turtle) then all three of those share the same pat. # So I'm assuming the same company made them. Then I also wonder if the two I don't know much about have been referbished or if they are reproductions all together.

As you can see the pink and blue one has rubber wheels where both of the other two have plastic wheels and they look a lot newer under. The green bug and the pink bug have the same font for the pat # but then the turtles font for both the pat and the logo and such is different. So I'm confused  ???

Then here's the main one I can't figure ANYTHING out about. I got it from the same person as the others but I just can't find anything on it or about it. There's no markings on it other than a "10" with a circle around it stamped on the bottom. Hopefully someone may recognize it?? I'm assuming its from around the same time frame as the others but I just have no clue? Someone help?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

Re: Need help IDing a pretty old toys (possibly 60s or early 70s??)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 January 2013, 06:05 pm »
if you are looking for board game info go to board game geek and check the index they have there.

Offline Stonecreek

Re: Need help IDing a pretty old toys (possibly 60s or early 70s??)
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 January 2013, 06:16 pm »
if you are looking for board game info go to board game geek and check the index they have there.

I don't know if the others from a board game, I just know the one is that's how I was referencing the year.

anything