Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: The Fantastic World of Lisa Frank - Plush and Beanies (Pics!)  (Read 40047 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: The Fantastic World of Lisa Frank - Plush and Beanies (Pics!)
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 04:47 pm »
Does anyone have any input on the Wal-Mart PVC? I have two of the dog and one Hollywood bear that came with a huge lot of Kid's Meal toys I bought once... but I always assumed it was just some store-bought PVCs that had gotten mixed in (there was MLP and other small toys in the mix as well).
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #16 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 12:05 am »
Well I had the Markie PVC. I loved that thing! I did think it came from a fast food place. Reading that someone said it came from Wal-Mart makes me think they might have come from the K-Mart Deli (it was K-Mart's version of fast food if you didn't know) My mom used to take me there all the time because it was cheap, so I'm thinking maybe that is where they came from. I could be wrong, of course.

Offline zuse

« Reply #17 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 12:25 am »
Also, according to the pamphlet I posted... if you ordered that Hollywood Bear or Ballerina Bunny plush you were supposed to get a figurine as well?

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zap18

« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 12:37 am »
Hmm, normally there is some indication if they were sold at a fast food restaurant in their stamp- I also assumed they were store bought.  The "LFI" stamp and their material just doesn't seem fast food, but I might be getting mixed up because the new fast food toys are so cheap.  I have no memories of them in store or from a fast food place, mine are all thrift finds.  The fact that I don't remember them in stores though might mean fast food- at a place I didn't eat at.

I have some extras if you really want some mouse.  Just lemme know!

Oh, here's the bunny:

Also, I have a bunch of charms like this one, that I do remember from back in the day:

Offline zuse

« Reply #19 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 12:51 am »
Yay! So 5 known PVC so far.

I don't really have a valid source that they were fast food toy, although I did research and found out that Wal-Mart DID have Kid's Meal toys (they put out some Transformers activities ones once, which of course is collectible enough to be on the internet.

They are well made... but a lot of those older fast food toys that were just PVC tended to maybe just have the manufacturer stamped on them?

I'm not an expert on Happy Meal toys but it seems that McDonald's is probably the one that started having the toys specially contracted and made with their brand on them?

____

Edit: Ok, they did have popular toys of the time. Activity packs for Transformers (1994), GI Joe (1993), Potato Head Kids (1993), etc. I also saw mention somewhere of a Puppy Surprise puzzle in 1992? WTH? Why didn't I eat there! They had good toys! (Although stuff from Wendy's was pretty awesome too!)

____

Also, saw Ghost's post at the top. We're swamping her! Oops! Well, it least with everything hotlinked on the page she can just save each page as a whole and have all of the image files saved in a folder for later. :)
« Last Edit: Sunday 25 April 2010, 01:23 am by zuse »

Offline zap18

« Reply #20 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 01:33 am »
GI Joe???  That is weird that I have never seen those before... you think you know a toy line, and then BAM, it smacks you with something new. 

Those potato head kids though are the same as the ones that were released at McDonalds, aren't they?  I'm not sure about coloring, but I'm pretty confident the molds are the same as those from McDonalds.

Offline zuse

« Reply #21 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 01:41 am »
Now that I wouldn't know. You'd have to ask mrpotatohead.net

"Walmart Kids Meal Toys- Spike, Sabrina, Slick, Tulip, ca. 1993"
« Last Edit: Sunday 25 April 2010, 02:26 am by zuse »

Offline DarkAnjel77

« Reply #22 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 02:23 am »
I love LISA FRANK!!!

I have quite a few plish and beanies :)

Offline zuse

« Reply #23 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 04:34 am »
Post pictures! I'm still kicking myself for not buying the giant Roary plush I saw awhile back...

Offline zuse

« Reply #24 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 04:48 am »
http://www.copyrightsearch.org/1993-walmart-kids-meal-box/VAu000253932

Wow. Thank you Google.

---------

Also, they could still have been mail-order like I speculated earlier (the figures that came with the plush toys):

GI Joe Auction

"AUCTION IS FOR A VINTAGE GI JOE MICRO VEHICLE SET OF EIGHT.  THE FOLLOWING MICRO VEHICLES ARE IN THIS SET 1)WARTHOG, 2)AWE STRIKER, 3)MOBAT, 4)VAMP MKII, 5)HISS TANK, 6)APC, 7)SNOW CAT, AND 8)PERSUADER.  I HAVE SEEN THIS LISTED AS A WAL-MART KIDS MEAL PROMO, BUT THIS IS ONE OF THE THREE SETS THAT I GOT IN A HASBRO MAIL AWAY OFFER."

----------

Also, asked the seller:
"These are mentioned in many fast food reference books. I also remember my kids getting them, which gives away my age. There were at least 6 different ones."

I don't have any of those fast food toy books, haha. I have the internet. But I can understand why if they sell books like that they don't want info online. :-P
« Last Edit: Sunday 25 April 2010, 02:32 pm by zuse »

Offline zuse

Offline EmBee

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 04:53 am »
Look at these beach towels you can still buy: ... I want them............

Oh my god, zuse, thank you so much for posting that!  I want one.  ;o;  If only I had the money.  :)  Oh wells!!!!!!!

-Em
;)

Offline zuse

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 05:04 am »
I know, even with the promo code "lisafrank20" for 20% two towels cost a bit over $20 (including shipping). :( I'm poor!

I wish these weren't sold out!
http://www.lisafrank.com/default.cfm?page=Shop&ProductID=1045&CategoryID=40
http://www.lisafrank.com/default.cfm?page=Shop&CategoryID=40&ProductID=431
« Last Edit: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 05:07 am by zuse »

Offline Tribble79

« Reply #28 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 12:33 am »
I loved/love Lisa Frank. I still use a binder by her and a pencil pouch...

Offline zuse

« Reply #29 on: Sunday 02 May 2010, 06:32 pm »
I'm still kicking myself for not buying that giant plush Roary (polar bear) when I had the chance...

I've never seen another one like him. :(

anything