Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Kidgetts variant question- looking at you, zuse  (Read 8264 times)

Offline zap18

Kidgetts variant question- looking at you, zuse
« on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 03:35 am »
Alrighty, I am sorting out my Kidgetts, and I have two dolls that are wrong from zuse's guide and the GOTD guide.  Sorry about the pics on the GOTD guide- the bad ones are mine :P  I have sent better ones, I promise, but I think she just might be a little busy with all we've thrown at her recently.  Geez. :P

Ok, so the dolls in question:

Looks like Room to Groom Kim (after a stared at her for approximately forever).  The body is the wrong color though.  It could be a switch from Missy I suppose, but it just doesn't look tampered with.  So, variant?

Second, here is the pic from a lot I just won:

You'll notice Patty Jones, the swimmer, is in pink rather than green.  So, variant?  Or unknown set?

I'd also like confirmation that no dolls came with the houses, just because they came with pools, and the lot that I just bought with the unknown swimmer has a house.  I had a house growing up, but don't personally remember if any of my dolls came with it.

Finally, zuse, your guide says you lost your sports car doll in preschool.  If you haven't replaced her and want to, I might have a present for you :)
« Last Edit: Wednesday 27 October 2010, 02:17 am by zuse »

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Kidgetts variant question- looking at you, zuse
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 03:56 am »
That is so cool! Hey, can their heads be removed/switched? I don't have any of mine here with me to check...

Actually, it was the doll I lost. I still had the car, although the window frames are broken off. However, about 2 or 3 years ago I won a lot of about 4(!?!) of the Sports Car Kim Andrews dolls and I think 2 sports cars loose. It wasn't labeled well... just by the writing on the bottom of the car (M.I.I.)

What I would LOVE to see is the baby blue version of the car MOC. The only pic I have is one I have seen was a graphic from a model car collectors' website that I think was published in the 90s (apparently the car a Miata - so Miata convertible collectors want it too). I don't think they owned it though... it looked like they'd just snatched a really really old eBay pic.

I need to get to work on my page again. I was so happy when I got it made because there was seriously almost nothing about them on the internet before. :)

(I know that it's impossible because the backup space required would be unimaginable... but wouldn't it be awesome if we could search old eBay auctions back several years?)
« Last Edit: Saturday 24 April 2010, 04:20 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

anything