Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Hello, Six of my soft toys need ID'ing please  (Read 7019 times)

Offline dwitefry

Hello, Six of my soft toys need ID'ing please
« on: Sunday 24 February 2013, 03:49 pm »
Hi, there doesn't seem to be an intro board here so I'll say hello here :).
I'm sorting out my loft (a huge job, trust me) and part of that is sorting out all my soft toys (there WAS 19 large bin bags full, there are now 11 smaller recycling bags full) and ID'ing them all -  this site has been exceptionally useful on this front (Little Rubber Guys has been brilliant for ID'ing my figures and minifigures) but the following six remain unknown - does anyone know who they are please?

Now i didn't check their tags (the ones that still have them) because I foolishly didn't think it would be so hard to ID them but here's what I can tell you:

1. IDENTIFIED - Fisher Price's Big Things - Hippo
2. IDENTIFIED - Playskool's Busy Elephant
3. IDENTIFIED - Tara Corp's Kudlee Uglees  
4. IDENTIFIED - Mathbox's Grumples (aka Razzcals)
5. This is the one that's really bugging me, I had two of these, they look like gangly proto-Thimbles (long before that series though) and came in the same kind of boxes as Care Bears and Were Bears with their legs and arms hanging out, there was about six and they're from the mid-90's i think.
6. it's a dog catching mit with a Velcro mouth (tennis ball shown is not the ball that came with it) I can't remember ever not having it so I'm pretty useless on this one. It's made of a shiny material like 1 and 5's belly.

Also, I wonder if anyone here can give me more information on Wet Wet Pets please:

I have these two larger sized ones (turtle and hippo) and a smaller sized ray and bought them from Centre Parks in the the late '90's but can't seem to find any online presence for them.

Thanks for your time and any help you can give
Dwitefry
« Last Edit: Wednesday 27 February 2013, 10:35 am by dwitefry »

Offline Dludnerad

Re: Hello, Six of my soft toys need ID'ing please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 February 2013, 04:21 pm »

Offline dwitefry

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 February 2013, 04:44 pm »
thank you very much :)

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 February 2013, 08:42 pm »
The first one is called a Giganitcmal? Or however its spelled. And the two monsters in picture three are called Kuddlee Uglees.

Offline dwitefry

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 February 2013, 09:37 pm »
I'm not getting anything for Giganticmal, but those two sure are Kuddlee Uglees, so cute! I want 'em all - eeeebay! thanks.

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #5 on: Monday 25 February 2013, 11:27 pm »
Hi The first thing that comes to mind with me with your unknown hippo plush is a toy line I want to say by fisher price called "big things" or some thing like that I remember commercials for them some time in the 1990's I am not positive of this although.

Offline dwitefry

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 February 2013, 11:16 pm »
It's a shame you weren't positive because you were absolutely right - thanks a bunch :)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 February 2013, 04:49 am »
#2 is a Busy Elephant (older version) by Playskool. :)
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline dwitefry

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 February 2013, 10:34 am »
thanks so much, I knew he was a fairly mainstream toy just couldn't think who or who by

Offline iheartkatamari

• Keeper of the Fun
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 March 2013, 06:04 am »
Number 5 is a Silly Willy from Hasbro.

Oh, BTW, I also looked up Wet Wet Pets on ebay; I discovered that their maker's name was Malibu Fun, and that the smaller ones were called Wee Wet pets. I also found a couple more from the toy line:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Fun-Wet-Pet-Stuffed-Floating-Dolphin-MINT-Animal-Blue-Yellow-Bath-Pool-/380583385448?pt=Stuffed_Animals_US&hash=item589c899968

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Fun-Wet-Wet-Pets-Hot-Pink-Orange-Turtle-Stuffed-Plush-8-Long-/281066472324?pt=Stuffed_Animals_US&hash=item4170de0384 

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 March 2013, 09:53 pm »
Yeah, I found this photo on eBay:

Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

anything
anything