Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [1 of 2 ID-ed] cat family + bunny family  (Read 11977 times)

Offline barror

[1 of 2 ID-ed] cat family + bunny family
« on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 07:01 am »
haha making more threads while i'm at it..

1. ID: Meow Meow's Wonderland

a cat family, this is all that is left. but there used to be more stuff, like a ferris wheel and train carts.
got them early-mid 90's.
(they didn't have holes in their heads from the beginning)

bunny family, bought in belgium in 1995.

doesn't appear to have any markings.

anyone? :)
« Last Edit: Friday 24 June 2011, 10:54 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline mouse

Re: cat family + bunny family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 07:07 am »
They'll be knock-offs (or maybe even the originals!) of the bear town people. Some of the accessories seems to be the same moulds and the furniture and stuff is very similar to this type of toy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-BLUE-BOX-POLLY-POCKET-TYPE-HOUSES-PEOPLE-FURNITURE-/380226765273?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58874801d9

Does the rabbit house have any markings on it?

vanillascoop

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 10:39 am »
I had those cats :) I used them in the bear playsets so they must have been similar.

And I have no idea what that rabbit playset is but I really like it :P

Offline Charlotte

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 08:25 pm »
Oh that first set looks very familiar! I had bears from the same toyline I think. I remember the figures as being very similar to your cats and I think that same train came with my set! Is there by any change a circle where the figure is supposed to sit in the train? I think the furniture that came witg my bears was the same as that of your bunny family. Other accesoiries that came with mine were bumping cars in the shape of mouses :P I think this bear family with accesoiries came in a little seethrough treasure chest. Mine were bought in the '90's in the Netherlands, at a store known for it's low prices. Not a toystore, a store that sells a lot of different types of stuff, mostly knock-offs instead of official brands.

They'll be knock-offs (or maybe even the originals!) of the bear town people. Some of the accessories seems to be the same moulds and the furniture and stuff is very similar to this type of toy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-BLUE-BOX-POLLY-POCKET-TYPE-HOUSES-PEOPLE-FURNITURE-/

Mouse, do you have a pic of those original Bear Town People? :)

Offline mouse

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 02:48 am »
Oops it's called Teddytown - the original thread for them is here: http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=251.15

Offline EmBee

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 03:15 am »
What is interesting is that the I believe the bears (Teddytown) had magnets at the bottom of their bodies.  Or at least, not a female peg.  They also all come in the same size.

The other animals, in order to sit in the cars and such, have a hole in the bottom of their bodies to sit on the little pegs.  They come in more than one size.

One might also note how different the houses are.  :)

-Em
;)

Offline mouse

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 12:45 pm »
Yes the houses are very different but the accessories are pretty much the same. I don't think the teddies came with magnets.

Offline Charlotte

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 03:11 pm »
Wow I wrote a terribly complicated post, but that's because these little animal family's are very complicted as well :P You might have to read my post multiple times if you want to understand it :-X

Thanks for the link, mouse. My bears were not the ones from the Teddytown thread (see scan below), they looked a lot more like the cat figures in this thread.

Also, the furniture and accesoiries that came with mine is not the same as that from the Teddytown scan above except for the blue streetlight. But the locomotif from the cats set pictured in this thread definately came with mine. That, and the fact that the figures look so similar, makes me think the cats and my bears are related (same manufacturer). The bed and the two closets with drawers from the bunny family came with my bears as well. That's kind of confusing to me because the bunny family seems different from the cat family because the bunny family's vehicles have pegs on them while the vehicles that come with the cats don't have pegs but circles on them. (At least, that's what I suspect because this was the case with the vehicles of my bears which are extremely similar to the cats.) barror, can you clear this up? What does the part of the locomotif where the figure is supposed to sit look like?? Does if have a peg or circle, or none? I'm not sure if my bears had holes at the bottom, do your cat figures have holes?
I read two people in the other thread said these little toy sets came in little plastic containers. Not sure if they are talking about the actual sets from the Teddytown scan or about similar sets like those here, but as I said before, I'm sure mine came in such a see-through container as well.
I wonder if these sets barror posted are related to the Teddytown ones, I personally would guess they are not. I'm also not sure if the bunny and cat family are related. The pegs on the bunny famly's vehicles make me think they aren't related, yet the fact that some of the bunny family's furniture actually came with my bears (which were, again, very similar to and most likely related to the cats) makes me think the cats and bunny families are related ???

Conclusion: Vintage toys from un-well-known brands are confusing, but I love them! ;D

Offline mouse

« Reply #8 on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 02:46 am »
In Australia we got Teddy Town sets in a clear plastic container. I think the bear sets are related to the cat/bunny sets. If they are not made by the same company, then certainly the cat and bunny sets are fakies of the bear sets.

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 03:07 pm »
I'm confused  ???, have either of the toys been identified?!
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

vanillascoop

« Reply #10 on: Monday 10 May 2010, 02:29 pm »
I thought I still had these; found them in an old biscuit tin

Also the little baby figurines were in there too.

Am thinking of selling them but idk, they seem pretty rare.

Offline mouse

« Reply #11 on: Monday 10 May 2010, 03:30 pm »
Wow you had a good day! You have a busy little bear town  :P If you do end up wanting to sell I'm definantly interested in the little baby things and maybe bears too!

Offline marialuisa_mt

• Los Barriguitas de Famosa
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 01:43 am »
When I was a kid (the mid and late 80's) I had a bear family that looked just exactly as the cat family on the first picture... They came on a little white portable two story house, with a handle on the top, one colapsible side and one clear plastic side... and a lot of tiny furniture. That was one of my most beloved childhood toys and somehow it get lost, which is unusual, since I managed to preserve almost all my toys until today... I don't know the name of that playset and never again saw one like that... And would kill for some information about it so I can look for another one on ebay! Does anyone can help me???
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

Offline mouse

« Reply #13 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 01:57 am »
Sometimes people list them under polly pocket

Offline marialuisa_mt

• Los Barriguitas de Famosa
« Reply #14 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 02:11 am »
Thank you mouse, I'll try to look under polly pocket to see what I found!
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen