Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Paper dolls, anyone?  (Read 6967 times)

Offline luckdragon

Paper dolls, anyone?
« on: Tuesday 08 October 2013, 11:35 pm »
I started collecting paper dolls I remember as a kid in the 1980s/1990s.

I had some dolls as a kid that I could remember but couldn't figure out what they were called until I finally stumbled across some on ebay.  They were attached to books.  I recently won a lot of four of them.  This is the link to the auction (they've been shipped and should arrive tomorrow):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-British-paper-dolls-from-the-1980s-/251349357772

Okay, I had four of these sets as a child.  I had Dressing Up with Diana, Sunday at the Zoo with Carol, Playing School with Samantha, and A Weekend with Christina, which is this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Weekend-with-Christina-Paper-Doll-Cut-Out-Book-Vintage-1985-Diane-Boolik-4-/161110675938

These were published in various countries, and I was wondering if there were any more besides these five.

Anyone know?  Anyone else here collect paper dolls?

Edit:  Well, my paper dolls that were shipped 2-day priority came to North Carolina from New Jersey via Oklahoma (yeah, it didn't make much sense to me either), so they arrived today.  In the back of the books, it listed all of the titles, so there are 6.  Anyone know what "A Day with Elizabeth" looks like?  I can't find it anywhere.
« Last Edit: Saturday 12 October 2013, 04:58 am by luckdragon »

Offline Fairy Dust

Re: Paper dolls, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 December 2013, 06:29 pm »
I don't really collect paperdolls but I wouldn't mind having some from my childhood again!  I remember being in love with the Bride Groom one I had.  I loved putting all the outfits on either doll even if they didn't fit the shape of the body. I think I might have had a barbie one too but I can't remember which one it would be.

The only paperdolls I have are the cool historial ones.

Offline kidswholesale123

« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 July 2015, 01:11 pm »
I don't  collect paper dolls, I love wooden toys like wooden doll hose and barbie dolls also.

Offline hime

« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 July 2015, 04:22 pm »
I dn't collect them but I do have some I even have three big pper dol books 1 of rainbow brite one of she-ra and one called "Strawberry sue" (whitch i'd probably part wih)

Offline kitschyjae

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 31 August 2016, 10:28 am »
I had a massive ring binder full of them. I got them from a fair about 15 years ago, they were retro even then so must have been from the 80s? I remember Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Sue and alooot of Barbie ones in different styles (disco, country, sports, formal wear, with Ken etc). I also remember cartoons that were before my time and those ones I never liked, a girl called punky something who had a pet dog and mouse, and some kinda animal ones as well.

I wonder what happened to them, hope we still have them somewhere. I had many fun rainy days playing with them.

Edit. Just done a quick google search of "barbie paper dolls" so many of the ones I had popped up

Brings back so many memories! ...makes me wanna find them again and collect them  :P
« Last Edit: Wednesday 31 August 2016, 10:36 am by kitschyjae »

anything
anything