Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Firffels - Remco (1985) - Very Similar to Wuzzles  (Read 28729 times)

Offline 80s Toy Junkie Tiff

Re: Firffels - Remco (1985) - Very Similar to Wuzzles
« Reply #15 on: Monday 31 May 2010, 05:36 am »
  Yes!!!!! Gotta have a Firffels page on this site. I love poseable FIRFFELS! I display them right next to my Wuzzles & Care Bears poseables. I still need Fird & Bertle yet. I just noticed my poseable Elephonkey has white hair & eye "shadow" instead of the magenta color on the others pictured. Wonder if it is a variant?

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 24 August 2010, 03:31 am »
Fird Plush (on eBay)

Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 24 August 2010, 11:23 am »
apart from the fird they are seriously weird. never heard of them or seen them before. not sure if thats cuz im from the uk though? very odd lol xxx
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

Offline iheartkatamari

• Keeper of the Fun
« Reply #18 on: Friday 17 August 2012, 08:26 am »
Nifty! :) I had a little poseable figure of the Dicken(chicken/dog) when I was a kid, but never knew what he was until recently.

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #19 on: Friday 16 November 2012, 12:31 pm »
Hey, you collectors -- Fird's back.

http://www.whoeverheardofafird.com/index.html

Not sure why they'd need new illustrations... I remember the original one having wonderful illustrations. I guess she probably didn't have the rights to them, though. It looks like the Firffels line went under with no reasonable explanation.

Offline iheartkatamari

• Keeper of the Fun
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 12 January 2013, 09:40 pm »
Yeah, and that's truly a shame, especially with all of the other '80s franchises(Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony et al.) coming back. :( Honestly, it would only be fair to keep the Firffels memory alive, too! The new book's illustrations are very good(especially the very sweet picture of the Fird hugging Snyder Spider. Aww! :)), though, and several of the Firfels in the book, such as the panda/duck(Who I just found out is called a Panduck), the rhino/raccoon, and the cat/butterfly are mighty nifty!(Wouldn't plushies and/or poseable figures of them be just SO cool?)

BTW, I found a very cute Firffels commercial on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4gFXSx8PJs

« Last Edit: Saturday 12 January 2013, 09:49 pm by iheartkatamari »

Offline Perenal

« Reply #21 on: Friday 20 September 2013, 02:08 am »
I just saw a listing for these guys on ebay - had never seen them before! - so I came straight over to GoTD to see if they'd been mentioned. :)

Remco's answer to Wuzzles, were they? I collect poseables but I don't think I'll be adding these guys to my Want list.  :D

The plushes are definitely cuter.

Here's where I saw them:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-Lot-of-3-MOC-Vintage-FIRFFELS-Poseable-Action-Figures-Dicken-Shamel-Fird-/271280209000?pt=Vintage_Antique_Toys_US&hash=item3f298f7c68

anything